Grill/Smoker Selection

Tha Football Guru

Reaction score
Hello BBQ friends, I'm not new to BBQ'n but I'm new to doing it at a higher level.

I currently have a Brinkman TLE and I'm going to purchase 1 or 2 more grills this year. I'm getting a 22.5 Weber kettle and I'm thinking about a Treager Lil Tex Elite.
What I'm looking for is some feedback from someone who has cooked on a Treager. I've only spoken to people who sell them so I expect them to say good things about them.

Any feed back is greatly valued!
:wink:

I ain't got one but seen on here some say Qaulity has gone down on them last few years but many still like them.

RecTec is one Ive seen Good things on - on here.

Have you checked out Yoder's pellet smokers? They are built like a tank and should last a lifetime.

I have a yoder 640 with comp cart on order. Should be here next week. Loved the build quality these guys put out and who can argue with 10 gauge construction.

Have you checked out Yoder's pellet smokers? They are built like a tank and should last a lifetime.

I actually just found out about a week ago that Yoder had pellet smokers and I did visit their site. Need to research them a bit more.

do you know of anyone on here that uses a Traeger and a Yoder? I would like to chat with both to compare.

I actually just found out about a week ago that Yoder had pellet smokers and I did visit their site. Need to research them a bit more.

do you know of anyone on here that uses a Traeger and a Yoder? I would like to chat with both to compare.

Comparing Traeger and Yoder is like comparing apples and oranges. I have owned a Traeger and a Mak 2 Star, both are pellet cookers but that is where the comparisons stop.

I have never owned a Yoder but I have seen a few and they are built like a tank. I currently have an FEC 120, another pellet cooker but a much different setup than what you are presumably looking for as it is a smoker only.

This is just my 2 cents, I like grilling over lump so I was never very impressed with the performance on the Traeger or Mak for grilling. For bbq'ing I would choose the Mak, 10 out of 10 times to the Traeger that I owned.

In full disclosure, I am a much better cook now than I was when I owned a Traeger so maybe my issues with it were because of my own incompetence?

Back