The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 02-15-2014, 06:00 AM   #16
ButtBurner
is Blowin Smoke!

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

just pick up a roll of parchment paper until you get the butcher paper

I use it, it works just fine

its made to cook with afterall

as far as the kraft paper goes, we use that at work as packing material. Some of it is really thick, I dont know how good it would work for wrapping a brisket with. I was going to try it but decided not to

Member Great Lakes BBQ Assn
ButtBurner is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-15-2014, 06:47 AM   #17
Vision
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 0

The ideal is 40lb natural color butcher. It can be really hard to find.

Unread 02-17-2014, 02:23 PM   #18
mudderfudder77
Found some matches.

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbqgeekess View Post
I've read that natural gas ovens are a more dry environment than electric ovens. I've read some people like hybrid stove/ovens because of this; they want gas for the cook top and electric for the oven--personally I'd love a natural gas & induction hybrid cooktop with an electric oven :) (3 way hybrid.. but they don't even exist ! lol)

Natural gas and propane ovens provide a more humid environment than electric - that's why electric ovens are preferred for baking (and why hybrids have gas ranges and electric ovens), bakers don't want the added humidity.
mudderfudder77 is offline   Reply With Quote