The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 02-14-2014, 04:47 PM   #1
FatCoyote
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Default Sink on Off Set Trailer - would like input

Has anyone added a sink to their offset trailered pit? If you have I sure would appreciate some guidance and pics. I am planning on adding a sink with water and grey water to a 48inx48inx28in space built into my pit and would like to see how other have done so. Any ideas or guidance will be appreciated.

Thanks!!

Unread 02-15-2014, 03:21 PM   #2
crb478
Knows what a fatty is.

Downloads: 0

I helped a friend add one to a 500 gallon tank, but don't have any pictures for you. I can tell you he used two stainless steel tanks to hold the water. One was cut and welded into the upper back side of the smoker where it would get heated up. The other was welded to standoffs so it would not get heated. Both were then plumbed into the sink with copper lines. The sink drains into a aluminum fuel tank located under the smoker that has a drain hose on a ball valve. It hold 2 1/2 times the fresh water. Also don't forget to take out the water restrictors in the faucet or you will not have any water pressure.
crb478 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-15-2014, 03:50 PM   #3
pinkelephant
Full Fledged Farker

the idea I had was setting a trl up for city water and using a camping propane tankless water heater. then setting up a plastic pallet with two 35 gallon tanks in the pickup with a 12 volt pump to supply water where none is available.

Unread 02-15-2014, 03:51 PM   #4
pinkelephant
Full Fledged Farker

http://www.amazon.com/EZ-101-Tankles...=1AK16L4XT9OW5

Unread 02-16-2014, 05:54 PM   #5
FatCoyote
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 1

Thank you all. I should probably have been more specific; I have never installed a sink with grey and potable water before with a water pump. However, I have worked on them already installed. Therefore, before I start figuring out where the sink should be and how things fit together could someone please point me in the direction or provide guidance of what is needed and in what position for water to function correctly on a bbq trailer? I would like to fill and drain it without removal from the pit. I do not have a battery with inverter installed yet, but figured I know what's involved there.