The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 02-13-2014, 06:16 PM   #31
Jack Daniels
On the road to being a farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I had an issue with my 26.5" weber kettle. When it arrived the lid had four dings in it through the paint down to bare metal from the four charcoal grate tabs in the bottom section. It was on a Saturday morning, I called Weber customer service, submitted a claim with them, emailed them pics right there and then showing the damage for their claim report (gotta love technology). Easy peasy in under 20 minutes including taking and sending pics. They approved the claim and shipped the replacement lid immediately. I had the replacement on Monday. Not too shabby IMO.
Jack Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-13-2014, 08:06 PM   #32
robbq

Sad sight.
WSM 18.5, Smokin-It Model #1, Vermont Castings Grill, MHP Grill, Purple Thermapen
robbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-13-2014, 08:10 PM   #33
GAdams005
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

I called them, they emailed me immediately requesting pictures which I sent right back. I didn't have pictures of the bowl though so as soon as I got off work I sent those pictures at 5:15, by 5:30 they returned the call saying the new parts were on the way.

Im hoping that all of the other parts are there, they all seem to be intact.

For those that asked it is the 18.5, I ordered it from Essex Technology through Amazon because they had the lowest price. 289 with free shipping if i remember correctly. No stores within an hour of me stock them from what i understand.
GAdams005 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Unread 02-13-2014, 08:52 PM   #34
Smokesignalsfromtx

That ain't right...

Unread 02-13-2014, 09:33 PM   #35
crimsonaudio
Knows what a fatty is.

Good to hear Weber is taking care of you, though not surprising based on their reputation. Bummer that you had this happen, but you'll be whole again soon and loving your new WSM!
crimsonaudio is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-26-2014, 11:37 AM   #36
GAdams005

For anyone who cares, the replacement lid and bowl showed up a few days later, and I have used it a few times already. Did a couple racks of baby backs first, then some MOINK balls just because I already had everything laying around.

My maverick et732 had a faulty probe right out of the box, so I am waiting on a new one now.

If it werent for bad luck, I wouldnt have any.

Thanks from:--->
Unread 02-26-2014, 11:39 AM   #37
bbqgeekess
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAdams005 View Post
For anyone who cares, the replacement lid and bowl showed up a few days later, and I have used it a few times already. Did a couple racks of baby backs first, then some MOINK balls just because I already had everything laying around.

My maverick et732 had a faulty probe right out of the box, so I am waiting on a new one now.

If it werent for bad luck, I wouldnt have any.
Glad you got the WSM sorted out. Wow you are having a rough start, poor thang.

Look forward to some pics of some cooks with this.

I bought a 732 yesterday and I'll have it tomorrow--hope I don't have problems with it.

Unread 02-26-2014, 12:03 PM   #38
IlliniQ

Quote:
I called them, they emailed me immediately requesting pictures which I sent right back. I didn't have pictures of the bowl though so as soon as I got off work I sent those pictures at 5:15, by 5:30 they returned the call saying the new parts were on the way.

Im hoping that all of the other parts are there, they all seem to be intact.

For those that asked it is the 18.5, I ordered it from Essex Technology through Amazon because they had the lowest price. 289 with free shipping if i remember correctly. No stores within an hour of me stock them from what i understand.
I know you already worked this out with Weber, and it was two weeks ago...BUT, if you didn't already let Amazon know, you should. They're also fantastic about dealing with damage in shipping/packaging. My wife ordered my smoker from Amazon as well as some accessories so I'd have everything I needed when she gave it to me - and they packaged some bags of wood chunks in the same box as a book on smoking. Scratched up the book and covered it in wood dust. They offered her the option of either a replacement at no cost, or a 40% refund. You already got the replacement part from Weber, but you might still be able to swing the 40% discount from Amazon for the inconvenience of it all... I wouldn't mind waiting for a replacement dome if I could get a WSM for 40% off

Unread 02-26-2014, 12:13 PM   #39
Offthehook
is One Chatty Farker

Glad you got it all figured out

Unread 02-26-2014, 12:38 PM   #40
Thespanishgrill

Sigh.. How disappointing but I've spoken with Weber for other things and they stand behind their products but even a worry
Thespanishgrill is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-26-2014, 05:16 PM   #41
GAdams005

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniQ View Post
I know you already worked this out with Weber, and it was two weeks ago...BUT, if you didn't already let Amazon know, you should. They're also fantastic about dealing with damage in shipping/packaging. My wife ordered my smoker from Amazon as well as some accessories so I'd have everything I needed when she gave it to me - and they packaged some bags of wood chunks in the same box as a book on smoking. Scratched up the book and covered it in wood dust. They offered her the option of either a replacement at no cost, or a 40% refund. You already got the replacement part from Weber, but you might still be able to swing the 40% discount from Amazon for the inconvenience of it all... I wouldn't mind waiting for a replacement dome if I could get a WSM for 40% off
I bought it from Essex Technology through Amazon. Essex's solution was that I purchase a new lid and they would give me a discount on it.

Unread 02-26-2014, 05:22 PM   #42
Toast
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Downloads: 1

Quote:
I bought it from Essex Technology through Amazon. Essex's solution was that I purchase a new lid and they would give me a discount on it.
Lay a one star review on Essex and watch what happens. Amazon will be all over them.
Wife LuzziAnn 1956 model.
Maverick ET-732, Superfast LSU Purple Thermapen
The Fun Never Stops at the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns
2013 Throwdown Grand Master. 1/2 of Team Paradise.

Toast is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-26-2014, 06:20 PM   #43
castlepines
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
WTF? Seriously? Morons. Get all over them through Amazon. Unacceptable in every way imaginable.
castlepines is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-26-2014, 06:26 PM   #44
wjwheeler
Full Fledged Farker

Amazon won't stand for that attitude from Essex. Fire them up!
Jacks Old South Original Patio Smoker
Jambo - FEC100 - Bradley Smoker - Nfusion
Traeger Texas - Myron Mixon 72XC ordered
wjwheeler is offline   Reply With Quote