THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jeffm827i

Full Fledged Farker
So for my Birthday present to myself I am wanting to goto a good BBQ Comp class. I am looking for suggestions on one that anyone may have first hand knowledge of. I have been thinking of Old a Jacks but am open to others. I am in California so pretty much going to have to make it a mini vacation.

No, as this is the first time that Left Coast Q and 3 Eyz have teamed up to run a class.

Left Coast Q just took part in a class held along with Simply Marvelous, Burnin and Lootin, and Big Poppa Smokers. The discussion thread about the class on CBBQA website is here

There have been many positive reviews about 3 Eyz classes in the Comp section of this website

Although I'm not familiar with you, as you are interested in attending a competition class, I will make the assumption that you are aware of both of these teams and their many accomplishments. Left Coast Q dominated California again this past year, and finished #7 in the Country. 3 Eyz once again was a powerhouse on the national stage, and finished #12 in the Country.

A few comments from the Comp class thread

Had the pleasure of taking the class Swamp Boys and 3 Eyz put on in FL. That was a great class and all of the guys were very approachable and willing to answer questions.

I don't have any experience with Left Coast Q but I'm sure this class will be just as good.
Also to Pole D's comment we were there too and the class was well worth it. Paid for itself in 2 comps :becky::clap2:.
+2. 1 for the In N Out Burger not being close by where I live :mad2: and 1 for the class. I have actually been to 2 of the 3Eyz classes and both were great!

I'll go to this one if the lottery numbers I picked are the winning numbers. :thumb:

If you are on the fence about this, jump on over!

wallace

Be warned, they announced earlier today that the class is filling up quickly...

I was going to suggest Harry Soo's class also. His isn't strictly competition, it's just BBQ 101. Geared toward competitors and backyard cookers.

Plus one on Harrys class, long waiting list but a great class.

Would love to take 3 eyes but I am busy that weekend.
rowing-emoticon.gif

If you can make it, I'd recommend going with the Left Coast Q & 3 Eyz class. Although I've never taken the class, both teams are very successful and the are Brethren. The Brethrenart alone gets my vote.

Whatever you decide, happy birthday and enjoy the class!

I highly recommend Dan and Matt's class... both very accomplished Pit Masters! Hell...I would go but I have my own class that weekend...:doh:

Back