The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Bashes

Notices

Brethren Bashes Bash Notes, Information on up and coming, Bash Bites.. etc..

Old 06-04-2005, 01:25 PM   #1
Bigmista
somebody shut me the fark up.

Default Southern California Brethren

iceman62 brought up what I think is a great idea.

Why don't we do a West Coast Bash or SoCal Smokeout or whatever you want to call it.

We could all show up with out small smokers and have an all day smokefest! We could either do it at someone's house or we could all meet at a park and just cook all day long.

How about the long July 4th weekend?

Let's have a SoCal role call. If you live in the area, speak up! Let us know where you are and if you are interested!!

Exodus 29:18
Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD.

God loves BBQ!

Bigmista Custom Spicewine Trailer - Olivia J. PIMA
Large and Medium Spicewines
Weber Ranch Kettle - E.T.

Remembering Scott
Bigmista is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 05:48 PM   #2
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Make it a full blown bash and I'll fly out. Wont take alot to get me to L.A. Been a few months, miss the place. I hear a spot on Manhatten Beach callin me.... or is the redondo..... no, its Newport......

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 1 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 10:13 PM   #3
Bigmista

If I had a house and yard, I would do it. I hope to do it when we move to Texas one day...

Somebody else would have to do it here in Cali.

Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD.

God loves BBQ!

Remembering Scott
Old 06-04-2005, 11:11 PM   #4
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Dont need a yard, just a campground and a trailer pit, or we rent a utility trailer and steel Sami and his BYC. :) Right Sami?

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 1 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 12:09 AM   #5
mook
Full Fledged Farker

posted this over in the "Burbank" thread before i saw this post.

Horn and me up here in NoCal would be there in a heartbeat. Would drag John and the new brother up here w/ us too!!!!!

Doesn't have to be just west coast brothers either...

I agree with Phil, we make it a full blown blast and invite the world.

Mista if i can helo w/ planning holla!!
Old 06-05-2005, 12:22 PM   #6
Samichlaus
is one Smokin' Farker

Count me & my cooker in.
Samichlaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 12:27 PM   #7
parrothead

Plan it when the rest of us have winter.n So we can get aaway to somewhere warmer. Or, do it at the same time as the midwest bash, and we can have 2 going at the same time.

American Picker Blog
parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 12:34 PM   #8
icemn62
Babbling Farker

North Long Beach and my little smoker are in. We can do an informal attempt at getting together over the 4th weekend. PM and I will do what can be done. If nothing else, we can pick a BBQ joint, converge and eat them out of house and home. The park idea is great, I will start searching for parks in my area that will allow cooking fires, camping if we decide to spend a few days eating, and PARTYING (sp?)

I AM LOVING THE SMOKE

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may create the illusion that you are tougher,smarter, faster and better looking than most people.
icemn62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 01:40 PM   #9
icemn62
Babbling Farker

How about this spot?

http://www.ci.long-beach.ca.us/park/...ional_park.asp

I AM LOVING THE SMOKE

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may create the illusion that you are tougher,smarter, faster and better looking than most people.
Old 06-05-2005, 04:06 PM   #10
Bill-Chicago

Location: Chicago Western Burbs, but always south of Madison Ave.

I like Gregs Idea

Theres a few Georgians, lets get a coast to coast going on the same weekend, maybe even webcam it. RonL, Me, Greg, Bob(forget his ID),mad_dawg and RandyCheng, can do the Northern ILFo cookout, the Mofo's of St L, and the MoFos of Columbia, the SoCals, then NE folk (2 in NJ) then Phil, Bruce, RBNSWNGS, and Grillnputt at Phils. Tim, Chad, and some Flofo's can cover that area.

And I think there is one or two in the group from Texas.

Lets plan a coast to coast cookout!

<this might better be searved in Brethren Bash Forum, with a Name change to National Brethren Day or something.>

I say, someone (not me :) ) who wants to organize, we submit open weekends from now through Sept (or best guestimates) to the organizer, then we see what works best.

Anyone is eligible to organize this, or a small group. Phil is banned from helping organize. He will be told when to cook, and he will do it. If he is involved with the planning, TK will miss his flight, we will go without a date for 2 years, and we will grow old and shrivel while waiting for responses.

The death of "willkat98"

Bandera, M-BGE, WSM, Gold Kettle, Kenmore Gasser, 36Qt Turkey Fryer, ECB, Dutch Oven, Black Iron BBQ Viper-M
Bill-Chicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 05:44 PM   #11
nmayeux
Babbling Farker

Just my $0.02,
But I could probably host a bash, and the fall when it cools off would be a good time (Like October or November), as it is still warm here. We have quite a few brethren in sorrounding states (Florida, Tenn, Alabama, Mississippi, and the Carolinas), and the Atlanta area is pretty central. We could use my house, but I do know a couple of places that are larger, and allow for camping. Red Top Moutain state park is on the lake, and the fall is pretty slow. As I have never been to a bash, I do not know what to expect, but I would like to meet some of my brethren. I won't be able to meet out west, but I will be in Indianapolis for the State Fair if the Midwest bash is held around that time, and I will probably be in Springfield, MO around the holidays. If anyone is interested, let me know, and we can pursue this further.
Noah
Lang 60 Marie Laveau
Deep South Single Chamber Glenda
WSM 22.5 Asmarelda
22.5 OTG Samantha
Weber Genesis Mocha
nmayeux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 08:22 PM   #12
Bigmista

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemn62
Since when does it cost $5 to park at El DOrado Park?

God loves BBQ!

Remembering Scott
Old 06-05-2005, 08:26 PM   #13
Bigmista

Does anyone have plans for Labor Day Weekend yet?

Gives everyone time to plan, find a place and get organized. Shouldn't be too cold anywhere. We could do the National thing. Don't forget we have members in the Pacific Northwest, too!

Q'ing Coast to Coast!!! I like it!!

God loves BBQ!

Remembering Scott
Old 06-05-2005, 10:36 PM   #14
icemn62
Babbling Farker

any date other than 7/16/05, my grandson's birthday I am open. The $5.00 fee for eldorado is per car, so if we carpool that would be doable. There are other parks in SOCAL that allow cooking, but I am not sure as for alcohol drinking. There is a nice little city park on El Segundo just off the 405 in your area I believe Mista.

I AM LOVING THE SMOKE

Old 06-05-2005, 11:14 PM   #15
dapittboss
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmista
Does anyone have plans for Labor Day Weekend yet?

Gives everyone time to plan, find a place and get organized. Shouldn't be too cold anywhere. We could do the National thing. Don't forget we have members in the Pacific Northwest, too!

Q'ing Coast to Coast!!! I like it!!
I like something like that or thereabouts. July 4th is kinda busy for me, but that's just me. This thing sounds real fun, and with a little planning, it could be a really big deal. Lets hear what youall think!

"And remember.... the most important safety rule, is to wear these safety glasses" Norm Abram, Master Carpenter

Brinkmann Trailmaster Vertical offset
18 1/2" Weber Kettle, Brinkmann Charcoal Smoker
Bradley Pellet Smoker, cinder block smoker
dapittboss is offline   Reply With Quote