THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BobBrisket

Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Bob
My buddy called me up yesterday morning and told me that a friend of his who works at one of the local pecan farms told him they had an entire pecan tree that fallen over and they needed it gone. A good bit of it had been attacked by insects and that's why it had died. They generally don't allow people onto their property. You need to know someone just to get in there. That tree would have been hauled off to their burn pile and just burned up with the other limbs, etc they have collected over time. We cut it up as we went, so it was ready to use. We cut the trunk into disks that we could then chop up into chunks. The rest of the stuff was log cut. Really nice to get out there. My son and his daughter spent the time collecting pecans that were still on the trees. We had it cut and stacked in the trailer in about 1.5 hours. My sad, lonely wood rack isn't so sad and lonely any longer!

Attachments

Back