The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk > BBQ Brethren Throwdowns

Notices

BBQ Brethren Throwdowns Join us in the backyard for a fun weekly contest and show off your BBQ creations! New categories are posted each week. Winners earn bragging rights, a Throwdown Certificate, and the chance to choose the next week's category. Fun people only please! If you take this too seriously you will have to leave the party until you are fun again.

Unread 01-13-2014, 10:09 AM   #46
deguerre
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

This was a fun topic. You fellas chose well. I almost didn't enter until I remembered I had the minced lamb and bison in the freezer.
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2014, 12:20 PM   #47
Al Czervik
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by deguerre View Post
This was a fun topic. You fellas chose well. I almost didn't enter until I remembered I had the minced lamb and bison in the freezer.
Truth be told the credit goes to CD for calling this one... I threw out a couple boring ideas and he came through to save the day.

Traeger 075,Weber Performer,Weber Genesis Silver Gasser, Special Edition "Goose" ET-732 Thermometer,Limited Edition Neutrino Fast Blue Thermopen
Zero Club Member qualifying in the 2011 Special Summer of Spam TD with the Coveted Double Ought...
(\__/)
(='.'=) Merry Christmas... Chitter was full!
(")_(")
Al Czervik is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2014, 12:41 PM   #48
Mugsterdad
Knows what a fatty is.

Lobster, spam and chocolate in the same meal? How can someone dream that up? Awesome!

XL BGE
WPS
UDS
Maverick ET-732
Mugsterdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Unread 01-13-2014, 12:44 PM   #49
Al Czervik
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugsterdad View Post
Lobster, spam and chocolate in the same meal? How can someone dream that up? Awesome!
I wish I could take the credit, but I can't... Watch this video to see where it came from:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE

Traeger 075,Weber Performer,Weber Genesis Silver Gasser, Special Edition "Goose" ET-732 Thermometer,Limited Edition Neutrino Fast Blue Thermopen
Zero Club Member qualifying in the 2011 Special Summer of Spam TD with the Coveted Double Ought...
(\__/)
(='.'=) Merry Christmas... Chitter was full!
(")_(")
Al Czervik is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2014, 12:56 PM   #50
scayne62
Full Fledged Farker

Official Entry, (never entered one so WTH)

My First Brisket.

I decided to dive in and try my first brisket, I started out with a 5.5 lb full packer my BIL brought over from the cow they purchased. I trimmed it up and injected it with a little beef broth, Tiny bit of FRH, garlic, and Worcester. Next I rubbed it down with S&P, Garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and a tiny bit of cayenne and covered it up and let it sit in the fridge overnight for the cook on Saturday. HE also brought a couple beef ribs they had thawed out by accident and I rubbed them down with Oakridge BBQ Santa Maria. I Fired up the UDS about 8:15 a.m. and let her settle in around 275-300 and threw on the brisky and beef ribs around 9 a.m. I let the beef ribs cook until about noon and we pulled them off and snacked on them for lunch, at 1:30 I wrapped the brisket up in Foil and added a little beef broth and threw it back on the pit. I got side tracked and about 3:45 I checked on it and it probed like butta so I pulled it off and put it in a cooler for dinner. Rested until around 5:30, pulled it off and sliced it up. All in all it had an amazing flavor, I think it could have been more moist as I think I over cooked it just a smidgen, I could not have missed the perfect window bu 30 minutes most. It did not fall apart but it also did not bend like I have learned means I nailed it but everyone loved it and it was not dried out so I will call this first brisky a success.

Rubbed and ready for smoke.

Wrapping it up to finish it off.

Sliced and ready to eat

Plated with Smoked mac n cheese and some veggies.

Please use this ^^^^^^as my official entry photo.
Unread 01-13-2014, 01:28 PM   #51
Ron_L

Downloads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by scayne62 View Post
Official Entry, (never entered one so WTH)
Unfortunately, you still haven't entered one

I hate to do this, but your entry is late. The rules in the first post state that entries have to be submitted by 6:00am Central Time today.

Sorry...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 1/3 through Sunday 1/12.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 6 a.m. Central US Time on Monday morning 1/13

Unwrap me!
Smoke me!
Eat me!

The Naked Fatty!

FEC-100/BWS Party/Memphis Pro SS/PBC/LBGE X 2/SBGE/Mini BGE/Nomad Pellet-matic/Good-One Model 42/WSM X 2/Cookshack Smokette 008/Weber Performer/Saber Cast 500/Weber Gasser (RIP)/Weber Kettle X 2/Weber Smokey Joe/WGA/UDS/Coffee Roasting Gasser

Remembering a friend
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2014, 01:33 PM   #52
deguerre
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_L View Post
Unfortunately, you still haven't entered one

I hate to do this, but your entry is late. The rules in the first post state that entries have to be submitted by 6:00am Central Time today.

Sorry...
Well, that explains the angry old pickle avatar...
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote