The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Sales and Ventures > Brethren Ventures > CharredApron Presents: "La maison des saveurs"

Notices

CharredApron Presents: "La maison des saveurs" "La maison des saveurs" is a Culinary Retreat in the South of France~ French Cooking, Butchery & Charcuterie. Monthly Culinary Tours of the surrounding terroir, wine tastings, European KCBS style cooking Classes, True Farm to Table Experiences with an emphasis on Sustainablity.

Unread 12-30-2013, 11:01 PM   #1
CharredApron
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Welcome to the House of Flavors

Welcome to "La maison des saveurs" a Culinary Retreat in the South of France~ Featuring French Cooking, Butchery & Charcuterie. Monthly Culinary Tours of the surrounding terroir, wine tastings, European KCBS style cooking Classes, True Farm to Table Experiences with an emphasis on Sustainablity.

Check in frequently for updates as I chronical the latest events and milestones towards our Grand Opening scheduled for Fall of 2014.
As many of you already know, my wife and I are moving to France this January. We will be setting up a tour service based in the Languedoc-Roussillian region of France, the largest wine producing region in the Country. We will also be conducting KCBS Competition cooking classes and so far, we are the first Comp Team to register with KCBS from France.
As a continual offering, our tour service will host a maximum of 8 guests and the objective is to meet with our guests in the morning to plan the evenings meal. We will then visit the local Butchers, Bakers, Produce Growers, Cheese Makers, etc to shop for the ingredients necessary to prepare the predetermined meal. At the end of the day we will all gather in the kitchen to cook dinner and sample some of the fruits of our labor.
We are building our own version of Kitchen Stadium in the lower level of our home located in Ventenac en Minervois. I am shipping over my new stick burner that Paul aka TuscaloosaQ recently built for me and my Vision Kamado as well as a few OTG's to round out the mix. Plans are in the works now to build a large smoke house and a Wood Fired Oven for pizzas and bread making as well.
Our Cook Team the "Sultans of Sting" will compete in May in Hasselt, Belgium and again June 7th in Amsterdam at the Tony Stone Low and Slow.

Thanks for looking and we look forward to seeing you in France,

Jed

The Canal Du Midi is a stones throw from our back yard!

Stop by the local Chateau and buy 3 litres of wine for $5.00 it's cheaper than gas!

Pick some grapes so sweet!

Skiing in nearby Andora

Walk until your hearts content!

Take a dip in the pool while the smokers hot!

Catch a falling moon over the olive trees.

"Tushka" The Black Warrior 24 x 50 offset by TuscaloosaQ, "Libby the Lion" L5000 gasser, and "Vanessa" my Vision Kamado Pro III & "Ruprecht" my Weber Gold OTG
Member KCBS, FBA
Pitmaster at "Sultans of Sting" BBQ Team it's a French thing!
http://www.charredapron.com
CharredApron is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2013, 12:09 AM   #2
landarc
somebody shut me the fark up.

Gonna be glorious. I am particularly interested to see how French cooking evolves your very eclectic cooking.

Whip It Off, Chambers!

"perhaps...but then again...maybe not..."
landarc is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Unread 12-31-2013, 06:12 AM   #3
Diesel Dave
Babbling Farker

Wow Jed that looks like an amazing place, I'm sure you're going to add a very inspired touch to the area's cooking habits.

Wishing you and the missus the best in this new advanture

I'm officially a ZERO
IMBAS Certified MOINK baller
WWGALD

There is NO Secret Squirrel Society
Diesel Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2013, 07:16 AM   #4
CharredApron
Babbling Farker

Thanks Bob, I trained under a Chef here when I was much younger that was a graduate of Juilliard in France. I am most interested in the art of Charcuterie and Cheese making. Happy New Year to you!

"Tushka" The Black Warrior 24 x 50 offset by TuscaloosaQ, "Libby the Lion" L5000 gasser, and "Vanessa" my Vision Kamado Pro III & "Ruprecht" my Weber Gold OTG
Member KCBS, FBA
Unread 12-31-2013, 07:17 AM   #5
CharredApron
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Dave View Post
Wow Jed that looks like an amazing place, I'm sure you're going to add a very inspired touch to the area's cooking habits.

Wishing you and the missus the best in this new advanture
Thank you Dave, Happy New Year and come on over for a visit!

Member KCBS, FBA
Unread 01-02-2014, 07:06 PM   #6
chicagokp
is Blowin Smoke!

I'm officially jealous! That is soooo cool!!!

White Lightning Thermopen
chicagokp is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2014, 07:10 PM   #7
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts

That is fabulous! I had no idea Indiana was so beautiful!
(='.'=) This is the rabbit baby. Invests him in yours signature,
(")_(") and the help rabbit baby takes over control of the world!
Hmmmm, I wonder, WWGALD? Avatar courtesy of Grillman and NorthwestBBQ

Promoted by Bigabyte to "Idiot #1" , and dubbed "Phizzy" by Sir Ron.
Gore is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Unread 01-02-2014, 07:13 PM   #8
CharredApron
Babbling Farker

Indiana is Fabulous indeed, if only I could find a road map to get there!

Member KCBS, FBA
Unread 01-02-2014, 07:30 PM   #9
caseydog

Downloads: 1

Best wishes... and do choose your glasses wisely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45kUSE_ek_U

CD
caseydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2014, 07:33 PM   #10
CharredApron
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseydog View Post
Best wishes... and do choose your glasses wisely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45kUSE_ek_U

CD
Don't think I am quite ready for that just yet!

Member KCBS, FBA
Unread 01-02-2014, 10:58 PM   #11
gtr

Downloads: 2

I get over to Europe from time to time - this looks fanfarkingtastic and I will definitely make every effort to check out what all you got going over there!
50" Klose BYC, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Jumbo Old Smokey, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
Golden Goose Egg - Got 2 in the nest baby!
SPFP
Mayzie's keeping an eye out for you!
WTFWGALD?
gtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2014, 11:52 PM   #12
caseydog

Downloads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtr View Post
I get over to Europe from time to time - this looks fanfarkingtastic and I will definitely make every effort to check out what all you got going over there!
I hear he has a special brethren guest rate... just an arm, not an arm and a leg.

CD
caseydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2014, 03:32 PM   #13
Timmy Mac
Full Fledged Farker

Wow that's awesome!!! Good luck and congrats!
Unread 01-04-2014, 10:20 AM   #14
CharredApron
Babbling Farker

Default From the December Issue of KCBS Bullsheet!

You can take the boy out of the country, but you can’t take the country out of the Boy.

Moving to France and Building a KCBS Competition Team
By Jed Thompson AKA CharredApron

It has been said “You can take the boy out of the country, but you can’t take the country out of the boy” I am living proof and I’m here to tell you. This January my wife and I will be moving to France. We have sold our house in South Florida and are embarking on a new journey to retirement. We have studied and traveled to numerous countries in search of our dream. Our primary objective is to live the remainder of our lives together in harmony while enjoying a more healthful standard of living. First, I need to explain, my wife is European. She was born in Belgium and lived there for 36 years before coming to Florida where we were married. She has recently retired and that is the reason for our quest to find the perfect retirement haven for us. After traveling and vacationing in places that are known for their ease of expatriating, such as Belize, Panama, and Chile, we decided to rethink Europe. We Google’d and Yahoo’d until we were blue in the face. Reading article after article concerning life in the South of France until we successfully pin pointed a region that we felt would offer us a Mediterranean Climate, not a frozen tundra to deal with in winter. Alas, we discovered Languedoc-Roussillon.
The Languedoc Roussillon region is dominated by 740,300 acres (2,996 km2) of vineyards; three times the combined area of the vineyards in Bordeaux and the region has been an important winemaking center for several centuries. Grapevines are said to have ex-
isted in the South of France since the Pliocene period - before the exis- tence of Homo sapiens. The first vineyards of Gaul developed around two towns: Béziers and Narbonne. We first visited Narbonne in April of 2012. This was to be our first experience in living the good life or “la bonne vie” as they say. We rented a house and began our experiment of living life, in France, as we currently do in Florida. This includes shopping daily for ingredients to prepare our meals and only eating out one or two nights a week. We kept and compared receipts from the local markets and to our surprise we found that we could live more economically and healthier there than at home. Shopping proved to be one of my greatest forms of entertainment. The local villages each have a different market day and the vendor’s travel from town to town hawking their wares each day. You are not forced to pay premium prices for meats and vegetables labeled “Organic” because everything is already organic, things are truly farm to table and sustainable as they have been for centuries, not a newfangled buzz word or fad. Breads are baked daily and cheeses are some of the best in the World. Not to mention the wines, but that my friends is another story.
I realize that there are many places in the United States that enjoy the same lifestyle and rural farm life, but for me, being married to a Europe- an, I am eager to experience life in another country. I am looking forward to this new endeavor with a sense of adventure.
We have purchased a house in a small village of 500 people. We are planning on building a culinary retreat and BBQ training facility. Inciden- tally, many people believe that the word barbeque actually derives from the French barbe à queue, that is, “from beard to tail”, signifying the whole of the pig being roasted. Whether this is true or not, I will be bring- ing real American Barbecue to our village. I have recently ordered a new custom stick burner from Shirley Fabricators of Tuscaloosa, Alabama and it will be shipped with my Vision Kamado, Caja China and Lion Gasser as well as my 2007 Harley Davidson Screaming Eagle Softail Springer! As I said, you can take the boy out of the country, but you can’t take the country out of the boy! God Bless America!
We will be offering tours of the local wineries, olive oil mills, charcuter- ies, butchers and local cheese makers as well as bakeries. Our guests have a choice of accommodations nearby in local Bed and Breakfast Inns and we will gather each morning, plan a meal for the evening and then off we go to the local merchants to gather our ingredients to be prepared that evening for dinner. Look for our cook team the, “Sultans of Sting” next year as we compete in International KCBS Contests throughout Europe.

Member KCBS, FBA
Unread 01-14-2014, 09:48 PM   #15
tish
Babbling Farker

Looks absolutely amazing, Jed! You'll be livin' the dream, brother! Enjoy!!
Bubba Keg, Weber Genesis E-310 NG
Mini WSM, Shhh!!! Michael's surprise
<'\__!
.// .\\ Puppy baby says 'piss on it and walk away!'
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Proud recipient of a certifiably uncertified limited edition MOINK ball certificate!!
tish is offline   Reply With Quote