The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 12-27-2013, 02:36 PM   #16
jimstocks53
Knows what a fatty is.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Temporarily moved from Texas to Pittsburgh a few years ago and ate out at a Thai restaurant. Asked 'how hot do you want it' I figured I could handle a 9 out of 10. Big mistake! Flushed, broke out in a sweat, heart palpitated - no milk available. Couldn't really taste anything else I ate the rest of the night. I'll stick with lower rated peppers, thank you. But God Bless all you more adventurous Q'ers.
jimstocks53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-27-2013, 03:06 PM   #17
Yendor
On the road to being a farker

We recently had some Caribbean food at a place Called "Marla's Caribbean Cuisine", I ordered some beef curry with my choice of heat level set at "hot". Which was rather spicy, but tasty. They had 2 higher levels of heat though, Indian Hot and Marla's hot. I would not mess around with those for a meal, as a dare, maybe.

Unread 12-27-2013, 06:35 PM   #18
Theboz1419
Full Fledged Farker

Default The new official hottest pepper is crowned

I like heat, habaneros are my limit

Edited
Hmmm I did a search if anybody posted anything about this and of course nothing came up, lol.

Last edited by Theboz1419; 12-27-2013 at 06:50 PM.. Reason: duplicate post of OP
Theboz1419 is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-27-2013, 07:11 PM   #19
Toast
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Downloads: 1

There was a time I would tackle any hot pepper. Not now, just alittle heat for flavor.
Wife LuzziAnn 1956 model.
Maverick ET-732, Superfast LSU Purple Thermapen
The Fun Never Stops at the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns
2013 Throwdown Grand Master. 1/2 of Team Paradise.

Toast is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-27-2013, 09:54 PM   #20
Okie Sawbones
is one Smokin' Farker

I absolutely love peppers; I do not particularly enjoy pain. At some point you reach Scoville levels that are not for enjoyment, but for chest thumping bragging rights.

Unread 12-28-2013, 08:19 AM   #21
Boone
Found some matches.

I grew some ghosts, and some of the current (*supposed*) world record holder, called 'Carolina Reaper'. Very tasty raw (in small doses) and I did a number of flavored salts which my friends relieved me of pretty quickly.
Boone is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-28-2013, 08:20 AM   #22
Boone
Found some matches.

I always grow a ton of jalapeno's. This summer, I am going to use my new weber bullet smoker to do some homemade chipotles with them. Anyone done that previously?
Boone is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-28-2013, 11:06 AM   #23
joe84780
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

We have a guy that comes by my work once a week and sells homemade gourmet beef jerky. He has lots of flavors and rotates and does 5 or 6 every week. He has a teriyaki that's dusted with Trinidad Moruga Scorpion chili powder. MY GOD that is hot! It tastes awesome at first. Kind of sweet and with almost a fruit essence and then the heat just builds and builds until it's unbearable. A tiny little piece the size of a dime just killed my mouth for like an hour. That's a hot pepper.
joe84780 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-28-2013, 01:10 PM   #24
hoodie2
Found some matches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone View Post
I always grow a ton of jalapeno's. This summer, I am going to use my new weber bullet smoker to do some homemade chipotles with them. Anyone done that previously?
This year I used the UDS, but in years past I would use the Weber. I pick after they have turned red. Then, I smoke them overnight and then dry out completely. Then they are put in a food processor and chopped up into flakes. I then use the flakes all year long to add a sweet, hot, smokey flavor when needed or add to rubs etc.
hoodie2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-08-2014, 01:58 PM   #25
bvbull200

Thought I'd provide a personal update. I just ordered two packs of Carolina Reaper seeds. I'm giving one pack to a colleague that grows peppers as he has more of a green thumb than I do. If mine don't take, then I'll borrow from him.

I also ordered a bottle of the Carolina Reaper puree. $20 for 2 oz. is kind of steep, but I figure if it only gets used a drop or two at a time, it should last me a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okie Sawbones View Post
I absolutely love peppers; I do not particularly enjoy pain. At some point you reach Scoville levels that are not for enjoyment, but for chest thumping bragging rights.
Oh, absolutely. Like was mentioned in the article, it is a thrill seeking venture, of sorts. I have the sauces and peppers that I use for everyday consumption and them another set of sauces and peppers that are for exhibition purposes. I find the heat challenges fun.

Unread 01-08-2014, 02:17 PM   #26
chambersuac
somebody shut me the fark up.

A few years ago, I grew some Bhuts (ghost peppers). They were insanely hot. I just had a Facebook friend send me a few of the new hottest peppers. Some of the scorpions were dried and are in a hand-held grinder....a pepper mill that I keep at my table. Just a few sprinkles on everything from eggs to whatever adds flavor and a lot of heat. I'm unfortunately addicted. I'm afraid the next batch won't be free. I'll be calling her at three in the morning begging for just one more....please, front me a pepper...I'm jonesing...

IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball maker and IMBAS Sgt. At Arms.

And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified. [Acts 20:32 KJV]
chambersuac is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Unread 01-08-2014, 02:21 PM   #27
PatAttack
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvbull200 View Post
Thought I'd provide a personal update. I just ordered two packs of Carolina Reaper seeds. I'm giving one pack to a colleague that grows peppers as he has more of a green thumb than I do. If mine don't take, then I'll borrow from him.

I also ordered a bottle of the Carolina Reaper puree. $20 for 2 oz. is kind of steep, but I figure if it only gets used a drop or two at a time, it should last me a while.

Oh, absolutely. Like was mentioned in the article, it is a thrill seeking venture, of sorts. I have the sauces and peppers that I use for everyday consumption and them another set of sauces and peppers that are for exhibition purposes. I find the heat challenges fun.
Let me know how that turns out for ya'! Go ahead...put a drop on your tongue and swish it around!

I TRIPLE DOG DARE YA'!

I actually tried some hot sauce made with these peppers this past weekend. I'm not gonna lie.
It felt like a top fuel dragster had done a burnout on my farking tongue. Then it felt like I drank the fuel they run them with.
These peppers are nothing to play around with! They farking HURT!
Stealthy Fast Black Thermapen
"You have never lived until you have almost died". "For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know".-Unknown Vietnam Soldier
PatAttack is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-08-2014, 02:21 PM   #28
Wneill20
Full Fledged Farker

Come on ice-cream

Thanks from:--->
Unread 01-08-2014, 02:25 PM   #29
bvbull200

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatAttack View Post
Let me know how that turns out for ya'! Go ahead...put a drop on your tongue and swish it around!

I TRIPLE DOG DARE YA'!
You guys want a video of that? I'll dance for your entertainment.

When the puree comes in, I'll record the opening and a little taste of it by itself.

If it has any entertainment value, I'll post it up here.

Unread 01-08-2014, 02:32 PM   #30
PatAttack
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvbull200 View Post
You guys want a video of that? I'll dance for your entertainment.

When the puree comes in, I'll record the opening and a little taste of it by itself.

If it has any entertainment value, I'll post it up here.
I'm dead serious. These farking things are HOOOOOOOOOT!!
Stealthy Fast Black Thermapen
"You have never lived until you have almost died". "For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know".-Unknown Vietnam Soldier
PatAttack is offline   Reply With Quote