The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 12-14-2013, 12:24 PM   #1
Untraceable
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default CyberQ odd connection problems

So Ive had my cyberQ less than a month. maybe 3 cooks with it. Today I wasnt able to connect to it. Its being seen by my router as an attached device, but I can not connect to it. I did a EPROM reset, reset everything. got back into it. changed websites and couldnt get back into it.

I dont understand the problem. when I was connected to it on my phone, I wasnt able to connect to it with the laptop. Never been a problem before with it through infrastructure.

Any advice?

Unread 12-18-2013, 03:37 PM   #2
Untraceable
is One Chatty Farker

after 50 min with tech support verifying and doing all kinds of different things, right before throwing in the towel, we restarted my router and bam!

everything appeared to be working as normal, that was the kicker.

on the plus side, BBQGuru tech support set up port forwarding and reserved my ip addy for me. Big time kudos to tech support!

Kudos as well to Dan at Firecraft for contacting Guru and setting me up with their tech support.

one thing that I did pick up that may be useful to brethren is if Ad Hoc works, its on the same system as Infrastructure so there should be all or nothing if there is a problem with one or the other. If Ad Hoc works but your infrastructure is bad, its got to be the router

Unread 12-18-2013, 05:20 PM   #3
grillinguy247
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 1

Glad you got it working and thanks for the info.

Transplanted Texan

Chad
grillinguy247 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-18-2013, 05:48 PM   #4
MarleyMan
Take a breath!

Downloads: 3

Glad you got it sorted out, darn techno gadgets. Supposed to make life EASIER, not more difficult!

Unread 12-18-2013, 06:13 PM   #5
Untraceable
is One Chatty Farker

Had a couple drinks in celebration.

Thanks from:--->