The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness

Notices

Catering, Food Handling and Awareness *OnTopic* Forum to educate us on safe food handling. Not specifically for Catering or competition but overall health and keeping our families safe too.

Old 12-31-2013, 02:34 PM   #1
HBMTN
is One Chatty Farker

Default BBQ chain opening at my roadside spot.

Looks like I get to go head to head against the Cook Out Fast Food Chain this year when I sell concessions. They just bought the place directly across from where I have sold concessions for 4 years and they paid $1,075,000.00 for it. I don't sell concessions as much as I used to because catering keeps me busy but still it was a spot I could go to anytime and turn some BBQ in to money.

Old 12-31-2013, 02:40 PM   #2
PatAttack
Quintessential Chatty Farker

I'm sure I'd choose your food over that chain's, anyway!
Weber 22" OTG
KCBS CBJ
"You have never lived until you have almost died". "For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know".-Unknown Vietnam Soldier
PatAttack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-31-2013, 03:53 PM   #3
Pyle's BBQ
Babbling Farker

What is the name of the BBQ place? I wouldn't worry about it. Make sure you set up when they are building. Feed the workers.

Yoder YS640; Good-One "Trail Boss" 60T; Weber Kettle rotisserie ring; Big A$$ Rotisserie; New Braunfels offset smoker; Weber Smokey Mountain; Backyard Bombers BBQ HJM

Μολν λαβέ
Pyle's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 12-31-2013, 04:35 PM   #4
HBMTN
is One Chatty Farker

It's called Cook Out they serve NC Style BBQ along with burgers and dogs. They are popping up everywhere in Virginia and are based out of North Carolina.

Old 12-31-2013, 04:36 PM   #5
midwest_kc
Full Fledged Farker

MMMM...Cookout...That and Cheerwine may be the 2 things I miss most about the Carolinas. Though I wouldn't really call them a BBQ place. Burgers/Chicken, etc seems to be what they were more about when I was there (and amazing milkshakes). That, and letting me have a corn dog and chicken nuggets as sides with my combo.

That sucks for you, though. Especially if they paid that much for it - means they're going to be serious about it, and their name recognition will get them business. Hopefully your regulars will stay loyal to you, and remember, good food sells. Especially good Que.

Last edited by midwest_kc; 12-31-2013 at 05:02 PM..
midwest_kc is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 01-02-2014, 06:04 PM   #6
joemat
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest_kc View Post
MMMM...Cookout...That and Cheerwine may be the 2 things I miss most about the Carolinas. Though I wouldn't really call them a BBQ place. Burgers/Chicken, etc seems to be what they were more about when I was there (and amazing milkshakes). That, and letting me have a corn dog and chicken nuggets as sides with my combo.

That sucks for you, though. Especially if they paid that much for it - means they're going to be serious about it, and their name recognition will get them business. Hopefully your regulars will stay loyal to you, and remember, good food sells. Especially good Que.
Yup. Best known for their Burgers. I thought they were only in NC. I guest they are growing. Good burgers but probably different from what you are offering.

Old 01-02-2014, 06:09 PM   #7
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts

Ate there once. I loved that you could get a corn-dog side. While it is competition, I think it is a different caliber of customer they're catering to.
(='.'=) This is the rabbit baby. Invests him in yours signature,
(")_(") and the help rabbit baby takes over control of the world!
Hmmmm, I wonder, WWGALD? Avatar courtesy of Grillman and NorthwestBBQ

Promoted by Bigabyte to "Idiot #1" , and dubbed "Phizzy" by Sir Ron.
Gore is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2014, 06:10 PM   #8
caseydog
somebody shut me the fark up.

I just looked at their menu, and the only BBQ they offer is "Chopped Pork." They seem to me 90-percent grilled stuff.

CD
caseydog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-03-2014, 06:59 PM   #9
Fooskey
Got Wood.

Embrace the competition, and then handle it like Conan would:

Mongol General: What is best in life?
Conan: To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.
Fooskey is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->