The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Sales and Ventures > Brethren Ventures > OakRidge BBQ

Notices

Unread 11-22-2013, 07:44 PM   #1
IamMadMan
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Thank You Mike from OakRidge BBQ

I want to give Mike a Thank You for going the extra mile in customer service.

My son wanted some rubs for Thanksgiving, but he is stationed in a remote section of Korea. Shipping even priority takes a minimum of a week and a half to reach his location.

For me to order them and wait for them to be delivered, while I then send them to him would have put the arrival time well past Thanksgiving day.

I had contacted several other suppliers who I regularly use that tried to tell me that an APO is an international shipment at ridiculous prices which were totally absurd.

Mike was the only vender to recognize that an APO is a US Post Office in San Francisco, where the mail is sorted for military shipments to the base with normal administrative deliveries and dispatches.

My son received his rubs on time and for that I am grateful. No back and forth with e-mails, no $40.00 international shipping rates, just the actual cost of the US Priority Mail.

I don't know if the others are not aware that APO / FPO are considered stateside US Mail addresses, or if they just saw a way to try and gouge me with their alleged International rates. After a week and a half I am still waiting for a vendor to respond with his reply of a shipping quote.

Anyways, a big THANK YOU to Mike for not fumbling the issue and getting the package there straight forward in time for the holiday cook. After this learning experience I need to look at which suppliers I will not use in future endeavors.

Unread 11-22-2013, 08:10 PM   #2
dport7
is one Smokin' Farker

Sweet, good to here.
Unread 11-22-2013, 09:12 PM   #3
nucornhusker
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 4

Sounds like Mike listened to you, understood your needs and took care of you. Isn't that exactly what we are all looking for? It's great to hear stories like this and also disheartening to hear so many others were not as good to deal with. It's good to know where to go if you need to get taken care of.

Kudos to you, Mike!
Yoder Smokers YS1500, Kamado Joe BigJoe & Joe Jr., Yoder Smokers 24" Firepit, Weber: 18.5" OT (L), SJG (AU) & (DI) - Past Cookers: Yoder Smokers YS640 Comp Cart, Kamado Joe Classic, OKJoe's Longhorn, UDS, Weber: Performer(AA), Genesis Gold C(DH), 22.5" OTG(DI), 22.5" OT (L), Traeger Junior, ECB

Runner-up in the 2014 BBQ Brethren Beard Tussle . My Son won the 2014 "peach fuzz" category
IMBAS Certified MOINK Baller
nucornhusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Unread 11-23-2013, 08:59 AM   #4
kcmike
is one Smokin' Farker

Thanks for the business!! Glad I could be there to help out!

Mike

~ Visit Oakridge BBQ ~

Lang 84D
22˝" WSM
Oaklahoma Joe 20x40
22˝" Weber Kettle
kcmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2013, 11:45 AM   #5
fingerlickin'
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Nice job Mike.

Jason

"I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

XL
Big Green Egg
, 22.5 Weber OTS, WSJ
Gold/Mini WSM, 18" & 22" WSM, UDS "No.8"
Flyers Orange Thermapen
Napkin Killers BBQ
fingerlickin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Unread 11-24-2013, 01:05 AM   #6
kcmike
is one Smokin' Farker

I was posting from my phone earlier, so I wanted to come back and give a more complete response...

First IamMadMan, thanks for the business and special thanks to your son for his service to our country!

Regarding our shipping charges; I purchase many things via mail order and always hate getting screwed by bloated shipping charges. So, I've made it a policy of ours from day-one to never try to make an extra buck from shipping and handling charges. As a matter of fact, we actually loose money quite frequently. We ship anything under 15 lbs. for a flat rate of $5.95 (over 15 lbs. is only $7.95) to anywhere in the US, including APOs, Hawaii, and US Territories. So, about half the time, we may loose up to $8.00 or more per shipment. But, in the end, we're all about having the best customer service experience in the business, and this service to our customers is just one way in which we excel over the competition.

Thanks again for the business!

~ Visit Oakridge BBQ ~

Lang 84D
22˝" WSM
Oaklahoma Joe 20x40
22˝" Weber Kettle
Thanks from:--->
Unread 11-28-2013, 08:56 PM   #7
IamMadMan
Babbling Farker

Mike,

Although it is already Friday Afternoon in Korea, my Son sends his deepest thanks to you for shipping the order immediately. His current location tour is a remote location, no families, no leave, and the Post Exchange is basically a just a convenience store. A trip to Seoul to purchase items is over a 4 hour trip one way, so he does not get to go there very often.

On Thanksgiving the mess hall was closed and it was up to the individuals to find or cook what they could find for the holiday. He had purchased some local chicken and your rub made his meal for him and his friends a tasty resemblance of home BBQ.

I asked him to send a couple pictures, but he cannot send pictures taken within the compound, sorry. They send a Big Thank You from Gunsan, Korea for your efforts and your great product which everybody enjoyed.

Unread 11-28-2013, 09:41 PM   #8
kcmike
is one Smokin' Farker

Deeply humbled. Thanks for sharing that with me.

~ Visit Oakridge BBQ ~

Lang 84D
22˝" WSM
Oaklahoma Joe 20x40
22˝" Weber Kettle
Unread 11-29-2013, 10:04 AM   #9
Kit R
Full Fledged Farker

Mike, in my world generosity of spirit is in inverse proportion to the amount of attention one courts. Thanks for your quiet generosity.
Unread 11-30-2013, 02:52 AM   #10
BBQDaddio
Full Fledged Farker

Awesome mike. I deal with FedEx and post office shipping on a daily basis.

I do believe you that your shipping prices are below actual cost.

Kudos to you Mike