The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Unread 11-20-2013, 08:04 AM   #1
MattG
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Vending Trailer Food signs/banners

Can anyone post thier food signs/banners so that I can get some ideas?
Also how many of you are taking credit cards and what % does that make up? Do people tend to buy more food with a credit card? Thanks

Check us out on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pots-BBQ/107610505962113
MattG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 08:17 AM   #2
cpw
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 4

We've been using the square app on an ipad to use as a register for when we vend, it'll record cash and credit card transactions. So as a result we use square to accept credit cards as well. I'd say probably 20% of transactions are CC based, I like to have it only for those people who don't carry cash (like myself).
UDS
Savannah, GA
Yes, Dear BBQ on Facebook
Proudly sponsored by Dixie Meat Rub
cpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Unread 11-20-2013, 08:22 AM   #3
early mornin' smokin'
is One Chatty Farker

unless you have an ATM onsite, accepting credit cards is a necessary evil. Even if you do have one, some people really don't like straying away from their own banks atm to avoid the fees.
Unread 12-12-2013, 04:51 PM   #4
pwa
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 2

I'd say 50% + is CC for me, I started with the square but moved to Chase PaymentTech I use a big white board for my menu.

WIFI Stoker
Custom Trailer Offset

Owner of BurlesQ BBQ shack
BurlesQ BBQ Facebook
BurlesQ BBQ website
pwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2013, 06:24 PM   #5
HBMTN
is One Chatty Farker

We also use Square and I'd say we average 20-25% CC sales when vending. It costs me 2.7% of each transaction for Square.
HBMTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2014, 08:09 AM   #6
SigSauerNY
Knows what a fatty is.

Google or eBay have a large selection for attention getting signs and flags, something a little more personal up close like that wood trim white board, some hay bales etc help.

Square is simple, no salesperson, no contract
SigSauerNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2014, 10:32 PM   #7
themidniteryder
Knows what a fatty is.

After a lot of research I went with Intuit Merchant Services for our CC processing. Too many bad reviews and horror stories about Square. I did check into Chase Paymentech and at the time I was looking they had no mobile option and the hard wired option would not fit my internet/phone physical setup. I was not banking with them at the time (I am now though) and that may have changed. Chase did clue me in to a program that had much better terms if you were a Verizon phone and/or DSL customer.
Unread 01-08-2014, 10:06 PM   #8
sunrise
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themidniteryder View Post
After a lot of research I went with Intuit Merchant Services for our CC processing. Too many bad reviews and horror stories about Square. I did check into Chase Paymentech and at the time I was looking they had no mobile option and the hard wired option would not fit my internet/phone physical setup. I was not banking with them at the time (I am now though) and that may have changed. Chase did clue me in to a program that had much better terms if you were a Verizon phone and/or DSL customer.
We use Square and so far have not had any problems with anything. We did place a $ 10 limit on CC purchase's, helps us sell more. Chase is our bank, and I see they now have a mobile app for I phones, I looked into it because we bank with them, however, (like most banks) they charge a $ 9.95 fee per month to use their service. So I am going to stick with Square
sunrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2014, 11:54 AM   #9
Puppyboy
Babbling Farker

Check out my facebook page. I have pics of my rig there.
-KCBS Judge #21924
-36" Kingfisher Combo
-New Braunfels Bandera (rescued)
-Weber 22.5" Kettle (rescued)
-A homemade trailer cooker
-Concession trailer nicknamed "The Dawg House"
[URL]http://www.facebook.com/BarkinDawgsBBQCatering[/URL]
Puppyboy is offline   Reply With Quote