oink
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Road Trips

Notices

Brethren Road Trips The travel logs of our members. Q- joints, restaurants, entertainment, reviews while we travel around the 50 states. Also, Post here for a shout out to members to meet up with while on the road.

Old 11-18-2013, 07:40 PM   #1
MilitantSquatter

Default Lancaster's - Mooresville, NC

Here's a plate of ribs and chopped barbecue from Lancaster's in Mooresville where I live on Saturday...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lancasters.jpg (51.3 KB, 30 views)
XL BGE (#2) & Performer Platinum

Former owner: Jambo Backyard, Klose BYC, Lonestar Vertical offset w/ Insulated Firebox, Medium Spicewine, Pitts & Spitts, XL BGE (#1) & (2) Medium BGE's, 22" WSM & (2) 18" WSM's, 18" & 22" Weber Kettles
MilitantSquatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:21 PM   #2
Garrett
is Blowin Smoke!

Never heard of it. Where's it located and how is it? It looks good.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:25 PM   #3
landarc
somebody shut me the fark up.

When you say Chopped BBQ, oh wait, you are in North Carolina now, it has to be pork.

"perhaps...but then again...maybe not..."
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 11:23 PM   #4
martyleach
Babbling Farker

We were just in Mooresville about a month ago. Got family there. Don't know anything about that place. Tell me! :)
MAK One Star, Smokey Joe, Jumbo Joe Gold, Custom wooden handles for BBQ's made by Marty Leach (oh, that's me)

www.amlwoodart.com
martyleach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 05:57 PM   #5
MilitantSquatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
Never heard of it. Where's it located and how is it? It looks good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyleach View Post
We were just in Mooresville about a month ago. Got family there. Don't know anything about that place. Tell me! :)

This location is about 1-2 miles east of Exit 36 (150)... on a side road. I think they've been around since the mid '80's... started small and now is quite big... They have a second location in Huntersville.

They say eastern style... which I'm assuming meant that the chopped BBQ is cooked from the whole hog... I was with my daughter so I didn't get to ask. The ribs were a bit overdone but they were good. Typical sauced ribs.

Smoke flavor was difficult to detect, but not knowing how they are cooked I am not judging.

I'd go back... I enjoyed this a lot more than Mac's Speed Shop as the only two places within 10 miles of me. Mac's was not worth going back for BBQ...

My plan is to venture a lot further to try out the places in other towns I've read about, including Lexington but also willing to go off the beaten path....
XL BGE (#2) & Performer Platinum

Former owner: Jambo Backyard, Klose BYC, Lonestar Vertical offset w/ Insulated Firebox, Medium Spicewine, Pitts & Spitts, XL BGE (#1) & (2) Medium BGE's, 22" WSM & (2) 18" WSM's, 18" & 22" Weber Kettles
MilitantSquatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:28 AM   #6
bbq.tom
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by landarc View Post
When you say Chopped BBQ, oh wait, you are in North Carolina now, it has to be pork.
Of course! Around here the definition of BBQ is: "Pork, cooked over wood coals, chopped, and enhanced with sauce."
OBJ - BBQCritic.com
CTC - KCBS
Pitmaster and chef - "4 Lil' Pigs" Competition BBQ Team
Author of "A 'Q' Review"
Lang Hybrid Smoker, BDS, & Holland "Epic"
bbq.tom is offline   Reply With Quote