Pepper Jelly on Pork?

midwest_kc

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I've been thinking about trying pepper jelly on some of my pork this winter while trying new things. I know some teams use them with success, so my question is, do you mix it in with your sauce? Just use it as a MM glaze? Any tips for how to use this stuff? Thanks!

I don't compete, but I've been cutting Blues Hog with habanero jelly for MOINKs for a while now and I just used that same glaze on some spares last weekend and it was fanfarkingtastic. Definitely worth a shot IMO - at least from a backyarder's perspective.

What ratios do you use? I'm going to play around with it, but I wouldn't mind a starting point.

Yeah, I remember hearing Chad Ward say on his show that he uses it, but can't remember how or what episode it was on.

What ratios do you use? I'm going to play around with it, but I wouldn't mind a starting point.

I don't really measure. I just put some BH in a pot, heat it a little, and add the jelly until it seems right.

Yes;) I like to mix it in with sauce. The pectin helps it spread evenly. The flavor ism 't bad either.

I've both mixed and used it alone. Loved both ways. Just try and see what you like.

Remember when adding it your sauce a little goes a long ways if you use one of the habanero ones.

Back