THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two Bears

Full Fledged Farker
So I have always smoked spares and St. louy ribs but I am wanted to cook a PILE (90) of baby back ribs but have not done them before.

What are your normal smoke times for baby back ribs?

I find its about 30% time off everything(as a general rule)...But, use a tooth pick to determine the final done-ness/tenderness though...

I smoke them for about 1 1/2 - 2 hours and then foil for 30-45 minutes, back on for another 45 or so to get the bark back and done. This is at 275f +/-

good luck

On my PG 500---3.75-4.25 hours at 275 deg unwrapped.

Done when they pass the bend test.

Good Eats!

TIM

I smoke them for about 1 1/2 - 2 hours and then foil for 30-45 minutes, back on for another 45 or so to get the bark back and done. This is at 275f +/-

good luck

Almost exactly what I do -- 1 1/2 hours of smoke, 45 minutes foil, glaze, 45 minutes for the bark, total time 3 hours at 275. Occasionally I'll get a meatier rib rack, so finishing time is extended. The bend test helps in this case.

I cook mine @ 250 smoked for 2 hours wrapped for 1 hour and sauced for 1 more hour. This is what I came up with. Of course times will vary.

20131024_161129_zps93712829.jpg

20131024_153707_zps087bb90f.jpg

Best of luck to you. :becky:

These are the baby backs i did today. 225 degrees no foil no parkay no honey no sauce. just my rub and starting at 3 hours in a spritz every 30 minutes until finished with the last spritz no later than 30 minutes before they are pulled. My ribs are always super moist.

bbdone.jpg

bbcut.jpg

bbcut2.jpg

The cook went okay - I had some tuff weather to get this cook done in:

90 racks of ribs in 1 smoker.
25 pork butts in another smoker.
22 degrees F.
SNOW - 4" little blizzard came through with a good wind.
Smoker temp was not co operating as I could only get her to 200 after all the meat was put in.
Just over 7 hours cook time .

But it was all delivered on time !

Thanks for the input I tried to do the 2 2 1 but things out of my control got in the way. Half of the ribs were St. Louis cut and I was expecting all Baby Back ribs.

So I have always smoked spares and St. louy ribs but I am wanted to cook a PILE (90) of baby back ribs but have not done them before.

What are your normal smoke times for baby back ribs?

About 3 hours at 250 (depending on size) but I usually start checking after 2.5 because you don't want those bad boys to overcook. I gave up on foil because it always overcooked the ribs. I use the bend method to test for doneness.

Back