The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 10-28-2013, 10:09 PM   #16
neuyawk
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbqchicken View Post
This what you mean?

This is awesome!

Unread 10-28-2013, 10:31 PM   #17
vr6Cop
is One Chatty Farker

I may have to try the hot tub thing. On a chicken first. :)
Jere Baxter-Edgefield Lodge 254 F&AM
vr6Cop is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-29-2013, 06:43 AM   #18
southpaw_1979
Knows what a fatty is.

I have a garbage can dedicated to turkey, I use chicken wire around it though, not foil to hold in my coals. Takes a lot less than 4 hrs, my last bird 15lbs was well done in 2hrs.

Another trick I use is a put my rebar through a bundt cake pan, This does two things, one if the turkey falls, and it does sometimes when it gets well done, it fall on a pan, second I catch all the juices and make gravy.

Unread 10-29-2013, 07:08 AM   #19
popeye
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliding_billy View Post
The name reminds me of "trash can turkey" (still my favorite way to cook a whole turkey).
i have also done trach can turkey . But i use the small grate of a smoky joe . Put four inch legs on it . wraped it with foil .Placed the bird on it . Put the can over it . Put kingsford match light on the top (about 8 ) then put the rest of it around the bottom edge . Light and when the heat is almost gone remove the can . The best turkey . Also have done hams .
popeye is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-29-2013, 08:42 AM   #20
sliding_billy
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by southpaw_1979 View Post
I have a garbage can dedicated to turkey, I use chicken wire around it though, not foil to hold in my coals. Takes a lot less than 4 hrs, my last bird 15lbs was well done in 2hrs.

Another trick I use is a put my rebar through a bundt cake pan, This does two things, one if the turkey falls, and it does sometimes when it gets well done, it fall on a pan, second I catch all the juices and make gravy.
I do not pre-light my coals, so that probably adds a good bit to my time and I have a habilt of not thawing my bird out as much as I should. I also like to throw two birds on the re-bar. Great idea with the chicken wire, BTW! Need to try that.
sliding_billy is offline   Reply With Quote