The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 10-27-2013, 03:55 PM   #1
CarlWayne
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Anyone build their own weber kettle pizza?

Had an idea after looking at the UDR (ugly drum rotisserie) thread. http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=173871 What about instead of having rotisserie have a pizza oven cut out just like the kettle pizzas they sell that are expensive! http://www.kettlepizza.com Has anyone tried this?

Unread 10-27-2013, 04:06 PM   #2
Fwismoker
Babbling Farker

I've seen home made versions of them...you're right they are spendy. I was going to make on until i realized pizzas on the UDS are great! Use your UDS if you haven't, don't put any smoking wood in only charcoal. You don't need any pizza stone go directly on the great because the heat is perfect coming up from the charcoal basket... you can cook about any temp on it, 250-400 and it turns out the same.
Mini WSM uds style, Jumbo Mini WSM aka Jimmy, newly renovated Big Poppa Black powder coated UDS, Kettle, Potbelly Stove Smoker Smoke house w/ Smoke Daddy cold smoke generator attached.PitmasterIQ,Guru PartyQ ...Keith
Fwismoker is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-27-2013, 04:33 PM   #3
dadsr4
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 1

If you go to Google, there are many posts about how to modify a kettle to cook pizzas.
Here is ONE entry from this site.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=142199

Unread 10-27-2013, 05:02 PM   #4
bluetang
somebody shut me the fark up.

From the Master
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=144075

bluetang is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Unread 10-27-2013, 07:39 PM   #5
Jethro1
On the road to being a farker

I tried to upload a picture of mine, but for some reason I'm not able to. I had a buddy fab me up an adapter, just like the Pizza Kettle with a diffuser plate, which sits on top. The thing gets screaming hot (850-900ish) and turns out pies in 2-4 minutes. I use lump and wood. I use it ALL the time. The only thing better is an actual wood fired oven. I'm telling you, there is no better pizza than one that cooks in like half a second. They're amazing.

Unread 10-27-2013, 07:41 PM   #6
Jethro1
On the road to being a farker

BTW, the diffuser plate makes all the difference. Without it, the temp will struggle to get way up. With it... ...not so much.

Unread 10-27-2013, 07:52 PM   #7
Skidder
Babbling Farker

I made this for pizzas if this is what your looking to do.

Skidder is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-28-2013, 10:27 AM   #8
polishdon
Full Fledged Farker

My wood fired double kettle pizza cooker:
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=94196

Unread 10-28-2013, 11:04 AM   #9
Ron_L

Downloads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro1 View Post
I tried to upload a picture of mine, but for some reason I'm not able to. I had a buddy fab me up an adapter, just like the Pizza Kettle with a diffuser plate, which sits on top. The thing gets screaming hot (850-900ish) and turns out pies in 2-4 minutes. I use lump and wood. I use it ALL the time. The only thing better is an actual wood fired oven. I'm telling you, there is no better pizza than one that cooks in like half a second. They're amazing.
Upload the pictures to Photobucket and then paste the IMG Code from PB into your post here.

Unwrap me!
Smoke me!
Eat me!

The Naked Fatty!

FEC-100/BWS Party/Memphis Pro SS/PBC/LBGE X 2/SBGE/Mini BGE/Nomad Pellet-matic/Good-One Model 42/WSM X 2/Cookshack Smokette 008/Weber Performer/Saber Cast 500/Weber Gasser (RIP)/Weber Kettle X 2/Weber Smokey Joe/WGA/UDS/Coffee Roasting Gasser

Remembering a friend
Ron_L is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-28-2013, 12:01 PM   #10
YetiDave
Full Fledged Farker

That's a great looking cooker there, Skidder! I've got a spare drum in the garden that I've been thinking about converting into a pizza oven