IN PROGRESS: Discussion Thread -> "Ultimate Lamb Cook-Off!" Throwdown (Non-Quality, Possibly Delinquent Discussion *BE WARNED*)

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our new TD category is...

"Ultimate Lamb Cook-Off!"

DSC_1211.jpg

Wow. Those are some nice looking chops! :clap: Wait a minute! I took that pic way back in the day before I became a TD moderator and I used to post in Qtalk and compete in TD's. :mmph:

As chosen by Bluesman and dupemaster for their fabulous two-way win-win in the "Where's the Beef?" Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

Bluesman said:
I think we need to run with "Take It on the Lamb" Anything goes, chops, leg, roasts, burgers, Gyros as long as it's lamb. Lot's of choices here. And no special rules!

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 10/25 through Sunday 11/3.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 6 a.m. Central US Time on Monday morning 11/4

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

This thread is for all general discussion of the category, entries, be that discussion on topic or wackadoodled to any various degree. Woodpile rules WILL be enforced in this thread in regards to moderation.

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
Hmmm...might have to change what I plan to cook at the N TX Bash.

Y'all can make up whatever special rules you want! Just so long as the meat comes off or out of some sort of sheep!

Okay I'm ready.................bourbon 8 down the hatch. Now for special rules, you have to have rules, as if they are not special then what the fark are they..............regular............:twitch: So with that we, I, bring you the special rules.

1.) It has to be Lamb cooked over fire, this also includes the official rules which are not part of the special rules as aforementioned in the rules..........:crazy:

2.) Now it also has to be from an animal which is sheered for wool......not like cow and or pig which is used for belts and footballs...Got it GOOD....:thumb:

3.) Seeing we come from all over the globe the Aussies can cook what ever the fark they want as long as it looks, smells and resembles lamb........They get it onto number 4

4.) Nothing will be admitted by the admitting party of judges, who shall remain nameless until all monies are paid, that does not even closely resemble lamb. So a look back at recent throwdowns would be an immediate DQ................ the fatty lamb............GORE...............:twitch:

5.) And finally rule 5. These are the Official Special rules and will supersede all other special rules for this throwdown as they are fit to do without being over ridden by any entity except those allowed to override them which has been stated as special........rules that is.

Now on with the Ultimate Lamb Throwdown.................Why is my glass empty............why is the Bourbon gone.......there should be a rule against this chit...........:mmph:

Oh and all Dilly Bars must be shared with all involved so everyone gets a taste................after they brush their teeth of course.............What the Fark am I even talking about

I much prefer these special rules...

1. No ovens.
2. No member of the whack-a-doodles is to maltreat the moderators in any way whatsoever—if there's anyone watching.
3. No ovens.
4. I don't want to catch anyone not drinking in their room after lights out.
5. No ovens.
6. There is no... rule six.
7. No ovens.

I much prefer these special rules...

1. No ovens.
2. No member of the whack-a-doodles is to maltreat the moderators in any way whatsoever—if there's anyone watching.
3. No ovens.
4. I don't want to catch anyone not drinking in their room after lights out.
5. No ovens.
6. There is no... rule six.
7. No ovens.

I'll buy everything but rule #2....................come on over her pickle man......:dancer:

As a chef I have cooked thousands of chops, legs, breasts, stew, ground or otherwise.I have to say though that braised shanks in a rich Merlot-Cabernet sauce has got to be one of my favorites.We learned to not add the veggies. too early in the braise as we lost some flavor.A good sear and slow roast with plenty of stock and wine finished in the last hour with the pre-caramelized celery, onions, carrots, garlic and tomato paste with some fresh rosemary is good eats. Separating the fat is key and your veggies. are your emulsifier generally speaking and weather or not you dredged your shanks in seasoned flour to create your brown roux .I`m a bigger fan of the food mill vrs. the emulsion blender or food processor as they tend to incorporate too much air.JMO.

Back