The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Unread 10-15-2013, 09:50 AM   #1
Branded BBQ
Knows what a fatty is.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Probably a stupid question...but...

New member to the forum here, and although I've smoked for many years, I've just recently decided to pursue a goal set years ago and look to enter competition BBQ. I'm currently building a custom RF smoker just for that purpose, which I have a thread showing the building as I get a chance to work on it.
I'm hoping by early part of 2014 to get into my first competition, with other competitions following as I get a chance to split time with work....a very busy band...and bbq.
So, my question here is...to end my babble.... I've looked at the Brethren banners, and really want to order a team banner, but I don't want to violate any rules or anything here with the Brethren forum. As long as I'm an active member...it is okay for me to hang one on my tent, isn't it? Or do I have to have been a member for a certain length of time? Again, this is probably a ridiculous question, but I certainly don't want to breach any rules and misrepresent the Brethren in any way. Thanks for the answers in advance.

Unread 10-15-2013, 10:10 AM   #2
Wampus
somebody shut me the fark up.

I don't know of any rules whatsoever about who is allowed to or not allowed to fly a banner. Heck, I don't think there's any rule being broken by a NON member flying a Brethren Banner.

You can get a "generic" BBQ Brethren banner without a team name or you can get one with a team name. Either way, it's your banner to do with as you see fit.

If you pay for it, fly it. Simple as that.
Large BGE (chambersuac's)
Onyx Oven
The Fiery Furnace (chambersuac's)
Big JT's Smokin' BBQ Competition Team
Wampus is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Unread 10-15-2013, 10:35 AM   #3
ShencoSmoke
Full Fledged Farker

Check this thread out. There is a link to the MABA website where there is some more info.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=158931
and then check out the thread link for post #4

I don't use electronic gadgets while cooking for the same reason Ronnie Van Zant didn't wear shoes on stage.
ShencoSmoke is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-15-2013, 10:38 AM   #4
landarc
somebody shut me the fark up.

There is a set if simple rules for flying The Brethren colors, a custom banner comes with additional expectations. In both cases, the primary thing is to be of good character and to reflect the values if the site.

Whip It Off, Chambers!

"perhaps...but then again...maybe not..."
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Unread 10-15-2013, 11:26 AM   #5
Ron_L

Downloads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wampus View Post
I don't know of any rules whatsoever about who is allowed to or not allowed to fly a banner. Heck, I don't think there's any rule being broken by a NON member flying a Brethren Banner.

You can get a "generic" BBQ Brethren banner without a team name or you can get one with a team name. Either way, it's your banner to do with as you see fit.

If you pay for it, fly it. Simple as that.
You should review this information...

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=24666

Unwrap me!
Smoke me!
Eat me!

The Naked Fatty!

FEC-100/BWS Party/Memphis Pro SS/PBC/LBGE X 2/SBGE/Mini BGE/Nomad Pellet-matic/Good-One Model 42/WSM X 2/Cookshack Smokette 008/Weber Performer/Saber Cast 500/Weber Gasser (RIP)/Weber Kettle X 2/Weber Smokey Joe/WGA/UDS/Coffee Roasting Gasser

Remembering a friend
Ron_L is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Unread 10-15-2013, 11:44 AM   #6
Branded BBQ
Knows what a fatty is.

Ok...Thanks a bunch...all of you. I guess the tenure thing is my holdup primarily, but won't be by the time I'm ready for my first competition...so I'll wait until closer to order so I'll have that covered. Again, was probably a strange question in the grand scheme of things, but I surely didn't want to come here and step on any toes or break any rules, so had to ask first. Appreciate the info!!