MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 10-14-2013, 11:15 PM   #16
Fwismoker
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbia1 View Post
Living up here in the rainy pacific northwest it is rare that wood does not have some type of mold on it, just burn it like normal.
Yep combustion temps kill all the bad stuff. For some folks it's the psychological thing of seeing it and thinking that they're breathing it in and eating it....By the time that wood turns into smoke it's HOT!

Visit [COLOR="Red"]OctoForks[/COLOR] in Sales & Ventures

Website & Blog: [url]www.octoforks.com[/url]
Fwismoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 10-14-2013, 11:27 PM   #17
Okie Sawbones
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbia1 View Post
Living up here in the rainy pacific northwest it is rare that wood does not have some type of mold on it, just burn it like normal.
Man, ain't that the truth!
Okie Sawbones is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 10-15-2013, 08:03 AM   #18
HankB
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CErnst View Post
The whole effort was to primarily keep bugs away from the wood that like to eat it...
I set aside some mulberry and found it riddled with bugs when I went to use it. Since then I have taken to dusting the wood with diatomaceous earth. It's the skeletons from plankton that lived in the ocean and settled to the bottom. It's uses as an organic insecticide and also for filtration (pool filters, for example.) It kills bugs mechanically by puncturing their exoskeletons with sharp edges.

It's a mineral and won't burn. It should be harmless to eat but I would avoid inhaling it (like any dust.)

Old 10-15-2013, 08:28 AM   #19
dano
is one Smokin' Farker

Should burn right off....
dano is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-15-2013, 09:26 AM   #20
Bludawg
somebody shut me the fark up.

I'd wash my hands good after handling that it might be contagious

Old 10-17-2013, 08:41 AM   #21
CErnst
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Corey

I charred half my pile yesterday. Ran out of light and the wife got home. I feel a lot better doing that. And I get to feel like a 10yr old again playing with fire just for the hell of it!