The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Sales and Ventures > Brethren Ventures > The BBQ Equipment Store

Notices

The BBQ Equipment Store The BBQ Equipment Store: Bringing you quality grilling and smoking products. Our retail BBQ store is located in Hampstead, Maryland. Our mission is simple; we provide the best products and service to our customers at the lowest prices possible. We take great pride in our company, our commitment to customer service and in the products we sell. We are a Veteran Owned and Operated Business.

Old 10-03-2013, 06:07 PM   #1
5-0 BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Default Maverick ET-732 & ET-733 Waterproof Replacement Probe Made in the USA

We now have Maverick ET-732 & ET-733 Waterproof Replacement Probes that are Made in the USA

YES: You can wash them and get them wet!

This Probe can be used as either a Food Probe or a Smoker Probe

6 Inch Straight Probe
3 Foot Cord

Now on sale! Purchase two probes and save.

These only work with the ET-732 and ET-733

This is a BBQ Equipment Store Exclusive Product
[B]The BBQ Equipment Store[/B]
[URL="http://www.BBQEQUIPMENTSTORE.COM/?sourceCode=bbq-brethren"]www.bbqequipmentstore.com[/URL]
[COLOR=red][B][COLOR=red][B]Proud 2015 Sponsor of Christmas City BBQ, Astro Pigs and Drilling and Grilling[/B][/COLOR][/B]
[/COLOR]No Thermapen Here, I have a Water & Shock Resistant Backlit Maverick PT-100BBQ
500 Gal Stickburner - Backwoods Gator, Red Kamado Joe, Primo Oval XL, Maverick Competition Smoker CS-55 and Many Others
5-0 BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 06:36 PM   #2
HeSmellsLikeSmoke
somebody shut me the fark up.

Looks like a great product. Do the probes fit through the Guru eyelets by any chance?

Large and Medium Big Green Eggs , Black 18.5" WSM, Blue Weber Performer - Stainless, Green Weber OTG Kettle , Brinkmann SnP Pro, and a Stainless UDS. One retired Portable Kitchen grill.

Red Thermapen, Maverick ET-732, EdgePro Apex Sharpener.

Avatar is the original 1951 Weber Kettle
HeSmellsLikeSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:20 PM   #3
cpw
Babbling Farker

Are there plans to do a 6' cord?
Yoder YS640
Savannah, GA
Yes, Dear BBQ on Facebook
Proudly sponsored by Dixie Meat Rub, Deep South Smokers, and The Atlanta BBQ store
cpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:31 PM   #4
5-0 BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpw View Post
Are there plans to do a 6' cord?
Yes. It will be eventually.
[URL="http://www.BBQEQUIPMENTSTORE.COM/?sourceCode=bbq-brethren"]www.bbqequipmentstore.com[/URL]
[COLOR=red][B][COLOR=red][B]Proud 2015 Sponsor of Christmas City BBQ, Astro Pigs and Drilling and Grilling[/B][/COLOR][/B]
[/COLOR]No Thermapen Here, I have a Water & Shock Resistant Backlit Maverick PT-100BBQ
500 Gal Stickburner - Backwoods Gator, Red Kamado Joe, Primo Oval XL, Maverick Competition Smoker CS-55 and Many Others
Old 10-03-2013, 07:33 PM   #5
5-0 BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeSmellsLikeSmoke View Post
Do the probes fit through the Guru eyelets by any chance?
They are the same diameter as the other Maverick Probes. I am not sure if they will fit. I would have to look if we have them at the store to test out.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:37 PM   #6
HeSmellsLikeSmoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-0 BBQ View Post
They are the same diameter as the other Maverick Probes. I am not sure if they will fit. I would have to look if we have them at the store to test out.
It looks like it has a flat crimp at the wire junction like the original ET-273 one have. That flat crimp won't pass thru the Guru eyelets. The ET-73 had a smaller, rounder crimp which would pass thru eyelets.

Large and Medium Big Green Eggs , Black 18.5" WSM, Blue Weber Performer - Stainless, Green Weber OTG Kettle , Brinkmann SnP Pro, and a Stainless UDS. One retired Portable Kitchen grill.

Red Thermapen, Maverick ET-732, EdgePro Apex Sharpener.

Avatar is the original 1951 Weber Kettle
HeSmellsLikeSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:44 PM   #7
5-0 BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
It looks like it has a flat crimp at the wire junction like the original ET-273 one have. That flat crimp won't pass thru the Guru eyelets. The ET-73 had a smaller, rounder crimp which would pass thru eyelets.
I am not sure, this is a company here in the US that is making them. If I were to guess the crimp is close to the same size.
Thanks from:--->
Old 10-06-2013, 07:43 PM   #8
5-0 BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
I tested it the other day at the store and will not fit in the GURU eyelet.
Thanks from:--->
Old 10-06-2013, 09:54 PM   #9
Pole D
is one Smokin' Farker

Looks great! Can't wait for the 6ft version.
Pole D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:04 AM   #10
peeps

Ordered 2!

- Earl - My Custom Vertical Offset Smoker by AJ's Custom Cookers (build link)
- Colt - Superior SS-2 w/ DigiQ DXII- Courtesy of Gainesville Jaycees and Superior Smokers
- Weber Kettle 22.5 OTG w/ Craycort Cast Iron Grates
- Major - Mini WSM (from SJS)

Certified IMBAS MOINK Baller! (Certificate of Authenticity) / Join the fun in the Throwdowns!
peeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 11:56 AM   #11
mrmagloo
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

Hi Steve,

Provided these probes actually hold up, and you can just toss them in the top rack of the dishwasher with no ill-effects, that would be fantastic. Carefully cleaning these little buggers is a PITA. I'm guessing 90% of the damage done is while cleaning.

That said, are these probes made by Maverick? The reason I'm asking is, the probes for by DigiQ DX2 are crappy too, and I'd sure like to updgrade those too. I noticed these say ET-732/733 only, so I wanted if there is a version for the BBQGuru stuff?

Lastly, seeing you are into 'improvements', I previously asked Maverick if they had a longer version of the grate probe clip, and got nowhere. When you are doing a couple of big butts on the top rack of the WSM 22.5, there's not much open room near the center of the rack, and this clip is just too close to those big cold hunks of meat and it throughs off the readings.

I fashioned a clip that drops the probe about 3" from the grate and it works fantastic in those conditions. However, a longer stainless version of their clip would be the hot ticket. Any thoughts there? Thanks!
mrmagloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 07:35 AM   #12
5-0 BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmagloo View Post
Hi Steve,

Provided these probes actually hold up, and you can just toss them in the top rack of the dishwasher with no ill-effects, that would be fantastic. Carefully cleaning these little buggers is a PITA. I'm guessing 90% of the damage done is while cleaning.

That said, are these probes made by Maverick? The reason I'm asking is, the probes for by DigiQ DX2 are crappy too, and I'd sure like to updgrade those too. I noticed these say ET-732/733 only, so I wanted if there is a version for the BBQGuru stuff?

Lastly, seeing you are into 'improvements', I previously asked Maverick if they had a longer version of the grate probe clip, and got nowhere. When you are doing a couple of big butts on the top rack of the WSM 22.5, there's not much open room near the center of the rack, and this clip is just too close to those big cold hunks of meat and it throughs off the readings.

I fashioned a clip that drops the probe about 3" from the grate and it works fantastic in those conditions. However, a longer stainless version of their clip would be the hot ticket. Any thoughts there? Thanks!
These probes are made by a company here in the US that manufactured them for Maverick. I do not have any plans on improvements for any other brands. My connection to Maverick is that one of my competition teammates is a Vice President at Maverick. We are always talking about new ideas and improvements.

I just asked about putting them in the dishwasher. There should not be a problem. But I will say that they were not tested in a dishwasher. The focus was put on the probe itself. I do not know if any harm can happen to the "jack" plug end if put in the dishwasher repeatedly.

Have you tried mounting your grate clip to the underside of your top rack of the WSM. This will help when you have big meats in the WSM.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:41 AM   #13
ButtBurner
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Hi Steve,

I really dont see whats so hard about cleaning the probes. I take the meat probe and run the tip end under hot water and clean it with a brillo pad and rince and wipe it dry. Water does not get close to the crimped wire end.

I do the same with the pit probe when it needs it. I hardly ever clean that probe

Never had an issue

of course these waterproof probes sound great, I will get some when mine fail
Member Great Lakes BBQ Assn
ServSafe Food Handler Certified
[URL]https://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Custom-Que/327994370697180?sk=timeline[/URL]
ButtBurner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:43 AM   #14
Teamfour
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Hi Steve,
I noticed these say ET-732/733 only, so I wanted if there is a version for the BBQGuru stuff?
Steve, hope I'm not intruding here.

Mrmagloo, I just recently did a lot of research on Maverick and BBQ Guru probes. They use two different technologies to measure temperature, so a single solution probe will never be practical.

Smokin-n-Style BBQ Team - Pitmaster
Lagniappe Chili Team - Head Cook
KCBS CBJ
Teamfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:46 AM   #15
Teamfour
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtBurner View Post
I really dont see whats so hard about cleaning the probes. I take the meat probe and run the tip end under hot water and clean it with a brillo pad and rince and wipe it dry. Water does not get close to the crimped wire end.

I do the same with the pit probe when it needs it. I hardly ever clean that probe
Ditto. I still have all of the original probes from my ET73 and 732 and they work fine. I never clean the pit probes. The food probes get a good wiping down with a clorox wipe immediately after use. They have never seen water or soap. Nobody has died.

Smokin-n-Style BBQ Team - Pitmaster
Lagniappe Chili Team - Head Cook
KCBS CBJ
Teamfour is offline   Reply With Quote