My 1st BBQ/Smoking Event

DanB

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Hi All I went to my 1st BBQ/Smoke competition, Red White and Que in Cresskill NJ as a spectator on Sunday. I was amazed how friendly all the teams were.
Kudos' for Blazin Butts, they were the awesome!!!!
I finally got to taste competition BBQ and they were answering all my questions.:grin:
Also a shout out to Local Smoke
They both now have a fan for life.
Thanks Blazin Butts
Dan
Brinkmanns Smoke N Pit
Master Forge Electric Vertical
Sorry bout the pic size..How do I get it smaller?

PS How do I change the saying under my name?

Last edited:
Glad to hear you had a good time at Red White and QUE.
BBQ people are amazing folks.

Our team BBQ MAFIA is only about 20 mins away from you and closer to NY.
Stop buy and say hello whenever you see our banner at a contest.

Que By The Sea

Hi Would you guys be going to The Que By The Sea?
Dan Buonagurio
PS With a last name like mine I should fit right in with You's Guys:grin:

PS How do I add an pic under my name?

The picture under your name is called an avatar. Click on User CP in the blue menu bar near the top, on the left side. Then, go down the left side menu and click on Edit Avatar. Without a subscription you will be able to choose from one of the stock avatars. With a base level subscription you can upload your own picture.

We will not be at the Sea Side contest.
We may do the Atlantic City Contest if I can get out of work.
I can let you know or you could check the Roll Call for the contest in the Comp section.

Hi Would you guys be going to The Que By The Sea?
Dan Buonagurio
PS With a last name like mine I should fit right in with You's Guys:grin:

Welcome Dan. I hope you like it here and definitely take the boys up on any offer. We have a really family attitude here.

Hi All I went to my 1st BBQ/Smoke competition, Red White and Que in Cresskill NJ as a spectator on Sunday. I was amazed how friendly all the teams were.
Kudos' for Blazin Butts, they were the awesome!!!!
I finally got to taste competition BBQ and they were answering all my questions.:grin:
Also a shout out to Local Smoke
They both now have a fan for life.
Thanks Blazin Butts
Dan
Brinkmanns Smoke N Pit
Master Forge Electric Vertical
Dan, it was great to meet you last weekend! I'm glad you enjoyed our food and that we could answer your questions. Welcome to the Brethren family.

Ribs

Hi Greg/Smokopolis BBQ
If I make it down to the Que By The Sea, will I be able to taste your ribs?
Thanks Dan

Que By The Sea

Hi All Me & my wife just may come down there on Sat stay overnight and leave Sunday morning.
Will I be able to taste any thing on Sat?
Looking in to staying at,www.buoy16motel
Thanks Dan
PS: Greg I'm not looking any thing special.I'm just curious about the taste of competition food.

Hi All Me & my wife just may come down there on Sat stay overnight and leave Sunday morning.
Will I be able to taste any thing on Sat?
Looking in to staying at,www.buoy16motel
Thanks Dan
PS: Greg I'm not looking any thing special.I'm just curious about the taste of competition food.

They will have street vendors, bands, etc for Sat. For the most part, no comp teams will be cooking for Saturday besides some stuff for dinner maybe. None of the comp food will be ready until Sunday. I'll warn you that our spot will be crowded with about 40 friends and family after turn-ins as they always come out to this event. We usually cook for them on Sat and then cook again for the comp on Sunday but not this year. Seaside is usually the last comp of the season for us but since we are headed to the Royal, we are not doing the usual 'end of season party' on Saturday. My friends and family will need to be satisfied with our Sunday turn-in leftovers this year.

Que

Hi then I might have stay till Sunday afternoon.That should work?
Thanks Dan

Addiction

Hi Addiction is right on.I couldn't have found a better addiction.:grin:
THanks Dan

Que by the Sea

Hi All Where can I find the schedule for the Sundays events..IE turn in times.etc.?
Thanks Dan

Turn in times are standard KCBS times.
chicken 12
ribs 12:30
pork 1
brisket 1:30
(this is why I told my friends and family to show up at 2pm)

awards will probably be around 4pm

There is a main stage set up on Grant Ave. They have live bands, street vendors, etc. Also, the Seaside Heights boardwalk IS open.

Que By The Sea

Hi All I'm thinking of heading down to the Que on Sunday morning and staying over till Monday morning.
Any body need a taster for there ribs?:grin:
Thanks Dan

Last edited:
Back