N00b from NH

GearMan

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
Greetings Brethren,
I've been good, and followed the links to learn about the site and etiquette, but I'll ask you to forgive any transgressions as I'm figuring it all out, and learning to play well with others in this forum.
A quick bit about me: Backyard Warrior, 10+ years of smoking, serious BBQ for about 15. Modified my offset, built a lump charcoal barrel kiln, Home canner, (Pickles, Pasta Sauce, Salsa, Relishes, Piccalilli) worked as a prep and line cook in the past, and have some limited experience with catering/banquets.
I'm passionate about cooking, BBQ in particular, and have entertained groups as large as 75 at my home- Friends asking if they could hire me for their event has me thinking about making the BIG leap forward to vending/catering.
I do a big event (For a home setup) for about 50 once a year (And countless smaller ones)- planning on adding a couple of homemade UDS's to my arsenal to give me more space to do different dishes at different temps for next year... and if I can learn enough, maybe a 250 reverse-flow for the year after...
Big dreams, I know- But you have to start with a dream.
At any rate, the name is Steve, looking forward to chatting, learning, and maybe even sharing some of the things I've figured out, or built.
Have a great night all,
GearMan

Welcome to the forums GearMan, Hope to see you in Q-Talk....

Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

Back