recommendation for a (gasp) book

seattlepitboss

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
There is a New York Times food writer named Michael Pollan. He has become famous in recent years for a series of books he has authored, all on the subject of food. He is a terrific writer and his books are very readable.

I have been eagerly awaiting his book "Cooked : A Natural History Of Transformation" which has been on reserve at my local library for many months. Finally I got it and this morning I started reading it. I was amazed to find out that the whole first section of his book is on traditional whole-hog North Carolina barbecue!

I can recommend it to you guys. But eat a big meal before you start reading, 'cuz otherwise you are going to get hungry!

seattlepitboss

There is a New York Times food writer named Michael Pollan. He has become famous in recent years for a series of books he has authored, all on the subject of food. He is a terrific writer and his books are very readable.

I have been eagerly awaiting his book "Cooked : A Natural History Of Transformation" which has been on reserve at my local library for many months. Finally I got it and this morning I started reading it. I was amazed to find out that the whole first section of his book is on traditional whole-hog North Carolina barbecue!

I can recommend it to you guys. But eat a big meal before you start reading, 'cuz otherwise you are going to get hungry!

seattlepitboss

Thanks for the input....

Back