MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Cattle Call !!!

Notices

Cattle Call !!! Introducing... The Brethren.. Put your Bios here, a mug shot, a picture of your toys..Tell us who u are. Threads will lock down after 7-10 days to avoid post pumps on old introductions. Please avoid responding after thread is over a week old. DO NOT PITCH ANY PRODUCTS IN THIS FORUM, OR TRY TO VEIL A PITCH AS AN INTRODUCTION. IF YOUR SELLING IT, DON'T MENTION IT.

Old 09-04-2013, 09:39 AM   #1
biggin69
On the road to being a farker

Default Hello from Ohio!

My father and I have a family get together every summer. We have one of my dads coworkers smoke us some meat for the party. This year, my father and I were cleaning up after the party and started discussing the possibility of making our own smoker. I decided to roll with it. We wanted to make a trailer mounted RF so I started doing some research and stumbled upon this forum. After reading and learning a lot, I started a search for a 250 gallon propane tank to start the build. After two + weeks, I was not having any luck locating one. So, back to the Brethren I went. I started reading a lot about UDS and read through the entire ultimate UDS thread. I found a food grade 55 gallon drum with removable lid for $8 and had a friend sandblast it inside and out for $20! Gathered all of the required parts and completed the build, including paint, this past Saturday. I seasoned it Sunday and did my first cook on Labor Day which consisted of two whole yard birds (spatchcocked), and some smoked baked potatoes. Unfortunately, I had a head cold and was unable to enjoy the smell of the birds smoking and the taste. Everyone said it was awesome and I received several request for future cooks.

I must say that this site has opened up a new way of outdoor cooking for me and my father, which we both enjoy!
biggin69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-04-2013, 09:44 AM   #2
cowgirl
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : jeanie

Welcome to the forum!

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/
cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:30 AM   #3
HAndyman
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Andy

Welcome from CA, A lot of good stuff in that thread.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:41 AM   #4
Diesel Dave
Quintessential Chatty Farker

welcome, a lot to learn here for sure

Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring ― Marilyn Monroe
Diesel Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:15 PM   #5
sliding_billy

Name/Nickname : )

Greetings from North Texas.
sliding_billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:04 PM   #6
PaPaQ
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : Clyde

Welcome
PaPaQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:15 PM   #7
Face
Knows what a fatty is.

Welcome to the site!
Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:15 PM   #8
LMAJ

Welcome to the party!
1 Large BGE and table - 8/29/12
1300 Timberline 5/26/17
1 18.5 WSM
Super Fast BLUE and REDThermopen
1 - Fantastic hubby - the original Big Al
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things. - Robert Brault
LMAJ is offline   Reply With Quote