Beef short ribs tips?

kevine

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I made these a couple months ago and just don't remember what I did. They were for a friend, and I was in a super rush (sold a car that morning, and had to go to the dealership that afternoon to buy my new truck).

BUT, they were so good, I wanted to try it again. The only thing I could find were strips of short ribs, almost like 1 1/2" thick Korean galbi ribs. So, I had the butcher cut them into individual short ribs...like large beef cubes with the rib bone attached. A little smaller than the ones I got the first time, but anyone have any tips on temp and length of cook? I think the last ones I did were at 250, but I honestly don't remember how long it took.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 100
kevine cook them flanken ribs @275-300 range till tender, will be delish. Good luck!

ok, so at275-300, i'm thinking a couple hours at most, right? I'm gonna lightly dust with rub, spray with juice (?), and coat them in sauce for the last half hour to carmelize. Any thoughts?

I did 2 racks with 4 bones each yesterday at 275-300. Took 4 hrs. 45 min. till probe tender. You will need to allow more than 2 hrs.

Back