Barn Burner Libertyville IL

Kave Dweller

Take a breath!
Reaction score
Was filling out my app today, thought I would post on here that if you were skipping this one because of what they charged last year, the entry was cut almost in half this year. Its down to $200, $225 for 20x40. I know that some (including me) were upset by the almost $400 entry fee last year. They left the payout the same, so figured I would post this incase anyone else didn't know they lowered it a bunch.

yeah, I don't think that Stephanie liked me bitching about it. Always said it was a fundraiser. Well every contest I cook is a fundraiser.

Still haven't sent mine in. Thinking of not going back for a repeat just so I can get stuff ready for the Jack...

yeah, I don't think that Stephanie liked me bitching about it. Always said it was a fundraiser. Well every contest I cook is a fundraiser.

Still haven't sent mine in. Thinking of not going back for a repeat just so I can get stuff ready for the Jack...

I made the same point that they were all fundraisers and she didn't enjoy that.

New sheriff in town, her name is Kathy or Kathleen, just talked to her, super nice, only 16 teams so far.

We will give it another try this year, after all whats better then cold & rainy bbq competition, nestled along the scenic i-94 in October?

Since my Dad sold his trailer we may have to sleep in the Kave Dwellers trailer if it get cold!

That's good news! It's so close to home it's hard to not show up, but this makes it easier!

Yep, Stephanie turned over to a guy named Eric Rodrigues, and he to Kathleen. We'd paid our entry last year but I didn't make it out of the hospital in time to be able to cook. That'll be our last one this year, with Windy City this weekend, and Arthur the weekend before Libertyville.

Will be interesting to see how it goes organization wise with all the changing of hands!

Yeah, I haven't missed any so far, so I'll be there as well. For some reason the judges like my food every other year.... this is an off year...

I had a great time when I was there but skipped it last year because of the price. Too bad the date won't work this year. Have fun fellas!

Yeah, I haven't missed any so far, so I'll be there as well. For some reason the judges like my food every other year.... this is an off year...

Thanks for letting us know! Now the rest of us have a chance!

:becky:

Yeah last year you did, glad its an off year. Let me guess Mike hits every other year and this year is his turn?

We thought the same thing Ron, we already missed St charles, which is as close as it gets, so figured better not skip libertyville.

Plan to see you all there.

Quau isn't going. He gets his butt handed to him evey year by the judges. Or I talked to much smack on Jim last year..... :shock:

Back