• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Reviews of Traeger "Junior," please!

I'm assuming without. I've not seen it close-up, only on-line. It has the three-position switch - or appears to. Is the digital like the FEC's where you input the desired temp?

Not quite... It starts at "smoke", then goes to 180, 225, 250, 275, 300 etc up to 400. You can normally find it on sale for $75 (I think).

I'm assuming without. I've not seen it close-up, only on-line. It has the three-position switch - or appears to. Is the digital like the FEC's where you input the desired temp?
You cannot with that controller, it runs strictly on a timer. You can upgrade to the digital controller, it's like $100. The new model Juniors come with the digital controller now.

Edit: What Al stated above is the digital controller. The three position is smoke, medium and high in a timer.

Yep, at half price you can afford to upgrade to the digital controller.

As a comp implement I have no opinion.

As a backyard implement its an awesome addition to the arsenal. Mine does great brisket(or any beef roast for that matter). It is a small smoker so you are not feeding a huge crowd. Wife even uses it. Some use it just for chicken, I like charcoal better for that.

Get it.
Take out the drip pan, leave in the heat deflector.
Place 3 GrillGrates on the left side and on top of the stock grate.
Now you have a grilling machine over a live wood fire.
If the Savannah Stoker II Pellet Grill Controller would fit you could use it, but there isn't enough depth for the controller in the hopper opening. But you can always make a stand-off box. http://www.letstalkbbq.com/index.php?topic=2732.0

Back