The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 08-20-2013, 08:03 AM   #16
daninnewjersey
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

For what it's worth I buy a few spares from Sam's weekly in the summer...between 45-48 racks. Their quality is the best I've seen...better than the ones they sell at Walmart. Their pricing is also very hard to beat....was $1.84/lb yesterday (plus or minus $.02 I can't remember). It seems the price changes on Wednesday morning and doesn't move for a week..

Unread 08-20-2013, 08:43 AM   #17
bulldogs34
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

I am scared of Walmart now.

A couple of weeks ago we got an extra slab of ribs (how much is enough? Just one slab more). Got home and cut the package to wash them off and good night they STUNK! Check and not even close to being out of date. The color of meat was good but the smell was so bad.
Never again Walmart!
bulldogs34 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-20-2013, 09:28 AM   #18
scayne62
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogs34 View Post
Does anyone know when Sam's change their prices on meat?

I was there Saturday evening and their butts were $1.58lb. Bought 4 of them and wanted to get more. Even when I got home kept thinking I need to go back to get more.

Didn't know if there was a certain day of the week or just when they wanted to change them
I am buying a case for a party in a couple weeks and the lady behind the meat counter told me they change their prices on Wed.

Unread 08-20-2013, 12:09 PM   #19
asmonro
Got Wood.

Meat pricing changes overnight Tuesday into Wednesday. Different stores have different delivery dates, but most are Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday. Orders are placed 2 days out from delivery if you ever have a large order to place.
asmonro is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-21-2013, 05:26 PM   #20
SimondsBBQ
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Restaurant Depot in NY has butts 1.35/lb