The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 08-18-2013, 03:26 AM   #1
pwa
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
Default My loaner smoker and new Brisket rub

I'm having a new smoker built my Rocking W of the forums, so he lent me a smaller offset. Had to share cause this thing is a cooking machine!! Its so stable and easy to control my Stoker is gathering dust. As some of you know I started a BBQ shack. So I'm cooking every day, it sure helps to have a rock solid smoker to cook on!!

I also wanted to give Big Ron a shout out!! I was using plowboys Bovine bold from Rich at BBQ super store for the shack and comp but looking for a better and cheaper solution for my briskets. 10 lbs of the Bovine Bold shipped was $100 to Alaska. So started shoppin Brethren rub makers and came across Big Ron. After my first trial brisket I knew this was the rub for me. Plus I get 25lbs for $100. Even my Customers were excited about the change. So if you never given Big Ron a try I highly suggest it!! Will add some pics of the fantastic Bark I get now tomorrow while I cook

Some pics:

Some side pics

Cooking chamber

Firebox

WIFI Stoker
Custom Trailer Offset

Owner of BurlesQ BBQ shack
BurlesQ BBQ Facebook
BurlesQ BBQ website
pwa is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-18-2013, 06:24 AM   #2
buttburnersbbq
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0

Nice . You are making me Hungry

Thanks from:--->
Unread 08-18-2013, 06:47 AM   #3
dwfisk
is Blowin Smoke!

Downloads: 1

Nice! Your customers are getting an extra treat of getting to see a real smoker and smell the sweet blue. Hopefully you are in a more "civilized" place, but down here we would need to lock the pit up pretty good (or take the wheels off) to keep it from wandering off! Best of luck in the new business
Home built 48" fire pit with a 30"x30" Santa Maria style ranch grill.
Home built lump charcoal retort, iGrill & a bunch of other cooking toys.
dwfisk is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-18-2013, 07:16 AM   #4
IamMadMan
Babbling Farker

Nice cooker, can't wait to see it's predecessor....

Unread 08-18-2013, 07:38 AM   #5
aawa
Babbling Farker

that is awesome he gave you a loaner to use. i'm looking forward to seeing your end product!

Also about that menu item?!!

Unread 08-18-2013, 11:27 AM   #6
cheapbeer
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwfisk View Post
Nice! Your customers are getting an extra treat of getting to see a real smoker and smell the sweet blue. Hopefully you are in a more "civilized" place, but down here we would need to lock the pit up pretty good (or take the wheels off) to keep it from wandering off! Best of luck in the new business
The real smoker part caught my eye and he probably didnt intend it that way but anyone who doesnt think a UDS is a real smoker should go to a comp that Richard Parker or another master of the drum is cooking at. Not picking nit and dont wanna make the man feel like I am attacking his statement, I just wanna stand up for the Almighty Drum and I am impressed that you are able to start a viable business with just a few of them. I probably just read into it too much. I would imagine that at this point if you are ordering a larger cooker you are outselling your current capacity? That is a good thing if it is the case. I was following your original postings about the business but I lost track of it somewhere. I am intrigued by your business venture as it appears to be born of desire and hard work as compared to banking and big money. Have you checked into getiing supplies from bigpoppasmokers. Down here he treats us pretty good on the shipping , not sure what he can do for where you are located. That cooker looks mighty fine so you should be pleased when you get your permanent one. Best of luck and keep us posted on your business success.

Unread 08-19-2013, 12:49 PM   #7
pwa
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 2

Some ribs

WIFI Stoker
Custom Trailer Offset

Owner of BurlesQ BBQ shack
BurlesQ BBQ Facebook
BurlesQ BBQ website
pwa is online now   Reply With Quote