The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 08-19-2013, 11:36 AM   #31
Don Marco
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Great story, thanks for sharing.

Mine was pulling a die hard vegetarian for 20 years over to the dark side :-)

DM

Thanks from:--->
Unread 08-19-2013, 12:24 PM   #32
Harbormaster
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Like I said earlier, not nearly as good as the OP, but hearing "First place brisket for the 2011 Smokin' in the Bogs.....Wyocena Yacht Club Q Crew!" was pretty freaking cool.
My Toys: 10 WSMs (B, C, DH, DA, EZ, DZ, EO, DU, DR, EE/DU mutt); Brinkman Cimmaron; Chuckwagon Cooker; 4 22.5" Bar-B-Q-Kettles; 2 18.5" Bar-B-Q-Kettle; 1 Red OTS (H); 3 WGAs (EZ, DE, N); 3 SJPs (DT, DR, DR); 2 Smokey Joes (A, K); Genesis Silver C (DU).
"For when democracy becomes tyranny, those of us with rifles still get to vote"
Harbormaster is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-19-2013, 12:33 PM   #33
BBQ Bandit
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 1

Great story....

When I was complemented on my Que when a coin was pressed into my hand by a three star General... cooking at Ft. Bragg.
From an earlier thread... http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=89597

Former smokers;
Lang 60 Mobile - The Damsel II, Lang 48 Patio - The Damsel, Bubba Keg Grill - RIP, Double Barrel Smoker and a BSKD
BBQ Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-19-2013, 12:38 PM   #34
nucornhusker
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 4

Very cool! I hope to someday receive a fraction of a compliment like that. If you can make someone remember an older, happy memory, that is better than gold.
Yoder Smokers YS1500, Kamado Joe BigJoe & Joe Jr., Yoder Smokers 24" Firepit, Weber: 18.5" OT (L), SJG (AU) & (DI) - Past Cookers: Yoder Smokers YS640 Comp Cart, Kamado Joe Classic, OKJoe's Longhorn, UDS, Weber: Performer(AA), Genesis Gold C(DH), 22.5" OTG(DI), 22.5" OT (L), Traeger Junior, ECB

Runner-up in the 2014 BBQ Brethren Beard Tussle . My Son won the 2014 "peach fuzz" category
IMBAS Certified MOINK Baller
nucornhusker is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-19-2013, 12:47 PM   #35
Rusty Kettle
Full Fledged Farker

best compliment I have ever received? Not as good as that one but to me getting my mom to actually eat something I make was huge. My mom is the pickiest eater alive and doesn't eat anything different and she was actually asking for more of my pulled pork and homemade bbq sauce. I can't believe it and she actually wants more. She even said she did not think she would like it at all. I was actually rushed too so I know she hasn't had my best pulled pork. I got 3lb boneless one to cook for her as a surprise.
Rusty Kettle is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-19-2013, 12:52 PM   #36
Bdub
Knows what a fatty is.

I had two of my wife's friends ask me to give their husbands cooking lessons. Felt pretty good.

Unread 08-19-2013, 01:02 PM   #37
bananablack
Full Fledged Farker

that was a great complement, and probably unbeatable. But my best compliment come when my friends say this bbq is better than any from a bbq restaurant they have ever eaten at. The constant prodding for me to start a restaurant is good too. But I have to explain the work in the bbq industry is too demanding on a daily basis to fit my lifestyle.

Unread 08-19-2013, 01:26 PM   #38
ajmcedar
Full Fledged Farker

Not even on the same page as the OP, but...
When at a recent brew & que contest my youngest son and I got some brisket, when I asked my oldest son (23) "Why didn't you get some que?" He replied "I won't eat BBQ if isn't yours."

Unread 08-19-2013, 01:28 PM   #39
cirk
is One Chatty Farker

My neighbor shows up and eats half of the food everytime. Which I don't mind helps me not get fat.

Unread 08-19-2013, 01:30 PM   #40
dajogejr
On the road to being a farker

That's a great story...priceless.

The best compliment we get is word of mouth referrals.

DJ

Unread 08-19-2013, 02:00 PM   #41
bbqbull

Downloads: 1

My step daughter telling her husband that my bbq beats the hell out of Smokey Bones food.
He thought their food was excellent.
I did their Wedding Rehearsl dinner for about 35-40 family members. I did 10 racks of ribs and 3 brisket flats. Everybody ranted and raved over my Q especially the brisket. Was hoping for left overs but that did not happen.

KC I miss your advice.

Heavily medicated for your protection.

Klose Mobile Pit
Klose Owners Reccomended Pit
Cookshack Smokette
Gasser
Little Chief Smoker
Large BGE
Gifted to me my Pit Barrel Smoker
bbqbull is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-19-2013, 02:09 PM   #42
midwest_kc
On the road to being a farker

That's a great story.

Mine's a little different, but meant the world to me, in a "welcome to the family" kind of way. My Mother in-law used to brag, and brag, and brag about her son's Que. I've had it, and it's decent. Well, one day, I was making up a brisket, some pulled pork, and beans; and took it over to her house, and the whole family came to eat. She pulled me aside at one point, and said, "don't tell Matt, but your BBQ is waaaay better than his."

Unread 08-19-2013, 02:22 PM   #43
Peter B
Knows what a fatty is.

I usually throw a big Labor Day Weekend BBQ every year. The coolest compliment I have recieved was a friend asking me 6 months in advance what day my BBQ was going to be on because he wanted to plan his vacation around it... Total Power Trip.

Anyway, I had to bump my labor day BBQ up to this past weekend due to my own vacation this year. I recieved my second favorite comment of, "The perfectionist has achieved perfection". I will post pictures a little later on. It was definitely one of my better cooks.
Peter B is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-19-2013, 02:53 PM   #44
Al Czervik
Babbling Farker

Very cool story and thanks so much for sharing...

My best compliment to date has been "this don't suck"...

Traeger 075,Weber Performer,Weber Genesis Silver Gasser, Special Edition "Goose" ET-732 Thermometer,Limited Edition Neutrino Fast Blue Thermopen
Zero Club Member qualifying in the 2011 Special Summer of Spam TD with the Coveted Double Ought...
(\__/)
(='.'=) Merry Christmas... Chitter was full!
(")_(")
Al Czervik is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-19-2013, 02:55 PM   #45
aawa
Babbling Farker

Great story. Mine isnt' as good as yours, but I still think it is funny.

One of my friends are HER girlfriend both came up to me and said they loved having my meat in their mouth.

Thanks from: --->