THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

code3rrt

Babbling Farker
Pulled a nice ribeye outta the freezer for dinner yesterday, and then tried to figure out what I wanted with it. Finally decided on garlic/chive whipped red taters, corn on the cob, and some saute'd 'shrooms for the steak. I'm just crazy about steak and mushrooms. And then I decided a little "crustless" peach pie would be a perfect dessert.

Soooooooo, it went something like this;
Seasoned up the ribeye with SM season All, SM Peppered Cow, chopped garlic, worcestershire and EVOO and let that just rest for a couple hours.
Ribeyeandmore004_zpsb51a7e16.jpg

Started prepping the sides while all those flavors went to work.
Ribeyeandmore005_zpsd7a6aa31.jpg

I wrapped the corn in foil with butter and a little SM season all to heat on the Kettle, then took outta the foil and grilled just before serving, and boy did that turn out great, wow! Got the taters boiling. While those were going I put together some "crustless" peach pie.
Ribeyeandmore010_zps03850264.jpg

I had the peaches, brown sugar, cinnamon, flour, and crushed graham crackers. I mixed that all together and topped off with a couple pats of butter.
Ribeyeandmore012_zpsd76a9ea2.jpg

Ribeyeandmore013_zps83907bc6.jpg

Ribeyeandmore016_zps3a57fe99.jpg

Ribeyeandmore017_zpsd9ebdb80.jpg

Fired up the Kettle and threw these on while finishing the prep for dinner.
Ribeyeandmore025_zps2fea48aa.jpg

Let these go at around 350 for about 45 minutes. I put in the corn about 15 minutes after starting the "pie". Then about 20-25 minutes later was ready to toss on the ribeye. Oh, and had to have a few cooks helpers along the way, this one was new to me, pretty good brew.
Ribeyeandmore029_zps327add77.jpg

Anyway, back to business
The "pies" at 30 minutes
Ribeyeandmore033_zpsfae9bd66.jpg

Main course on!!
Ribeyeandmore039_zps0d4c14f2.jpg

Ribeyeandmore040_zpsf76f2789.jpg

Ribeyeandmore042_zpsc4df50a7.jpg

Ribeyeandmore044_zps1050465f.jpg

The pies off at 45 minutes, then just held them in the oven for later.
Ribeyeandmore034_zps5d2d3e57.jpg

While the steak was resting, on with the corn
Ribeyeandmore046_zpsa0c03fed.jpg

And somewhere along the way I whipped up the taters and saute'd the shrooms. Came together something like this.
Ribeyeandmore050_zpsd39d5473.jpg

Ribeyeandmore055_zpsbc422d65.jpg

Ribeyeandmore056_zpsbc674c5f.jpg

And a few bite shots
Ribeyeandmore058_zpsaffb050b.jpg

Ribeyeandmore059_zps7fa72eac.jpg

And the star of the show

Ribeyeandmore063_zps985eeba6.jpg

And then topped off with the warm peaches and whipped cream....yum!
Ribeyeandmore085_zpsf88651e1.jpg

Ribeyeandmore094_zps6f433cf4.jpg

I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did, it was all just fantastic!

Thanks for looking!

KC

BRAVO!:thumb:
Meal fit for a King,and a beautiful steak. Everything sounds delicious and I really like the super simple peach dessert!

Amazing how intense of a fire one can get with the fire brick wall on a kettle.:grin:

Man that looks delicious. Can I get your recipe for the peach pie?

Sure. I just winged it, never made it before. I didn't really measure anything, just used what looked right, but here's my best guess:

3 Peaches
2 TBSP brown sugar
1 TBSP all purpose flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 graham crackers, crushed
? butter

I sliced up the peaches and set aside. Then I mixed up the sugar, flour, cinnamon, and graham crackers and then blended it into the peaches. Then I dished them into the individual pie tins and topped with a couple pats of butter on each.

The temp on my Kettle ran 300-350 and I let these "bake" for 45 minutes.

Held them in the oven, served warm with whipped cream. It woulda been mighty good with some vanilla ice cream too!:grin:

KC

code3rrt, That is a Fantastic cook and pics! You are "showing your pie for sure and I really like the idea with the corn. That's happening on my next corn cook.

Thanks for posting!

Back