oink
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners(temp offline)
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Old 08-08-2013, 01:27 PM   #46
treytexag
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PekingPorker View Post
. . . . . it's the best quality / bang for the buck out there.
PPorker, I agree with you on this. There have been some recent upstarts lately, selling "boxes", but I have not been impressed with those. I am, however, tickled "pink" with my Assassin 24.
treytexag is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-08-2013, 01:36 PM   #47
stephan
is one Smokin' Farker

Thats a sweet smoker you have there.
stephan is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 08-08-2013, 07:19 PM   #48
dobdabomb
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermal Mass View Post
Great cooker!
Wise additions, well thought out.
Really looking forward to more!
Thanks man, I thought so. I over think this with the job I do for a living as I work with engineers so I figured all the things especially the high heat paint on the chute was for the better.

Old 08-08-2013, 07:33 PM   #49
Tack6153
Found some matches.

Thanks to your video I called Robin today and placed the order for my very own Assassin 28. I have scoured these forums to determine which pit I should buy and came to the conclusion that the Assassin gives you the best bang for the buck. It's going to be a long 3 weeks waiting on it to be built.
Tack6153 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 08-08-2013, 07:51 PM   #50
OlyQ

Sweeeeeet! I really would love to have one these but the shipping $ is holding me back.

Looking forward to seeing the great Q from it . Enjoy the new toy
OlyQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-08-2013, 08:20 PM   #51
PekingPorker
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack6153 View Post
It's going to be a long 3 weeks waiting on it to be built.
Jeff told me 2 to 2.5 weeks for mine and he had it built in 9 days. That was last week, although he did tell me that the orders have been flying in recently. Hopefully you don't have to wait the full 3 weeks! You're gonna love the smoker!
XL and Small BGEs, 18.5 wsm
GREEN Thermapen x2
KCBS CBJ
Facebook: Craft BBQ, The Art of Smoke Instagram: @craftbbq
PekingPorker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-08-2013, 08:26 PM   #52
dobdabomb
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack6153 View Post
Thanks to your video I called Robin today and placed the order for my very own Assassin 28. I have scoured these forums to determine which pit I should buy and came to the conclusion that the Assassin gives you the best bang for the buck. It's going to be a long 3 weeks waiting on it to be built.
Awesome Tack, no problem man glad the video put you over the edge. Proud to see another Alabamian get one, I told them I would get the word out the best I could in AL since it was more seen in Ga. One step closer

Holler at me if you need anything. You will really enjoy their customer service, you picking it up?

Old 08-08-2013, 08:54 PM   #53
coastal
Full Fledged Farker

Very awesome thread and good info. It looks like a fantastic unit.

What made you ultimately decide on a assassin 28 compared to a stumps and others? Just wondering as I continue my search for a new cooker.

Old 08-08-2013, 09:11 PM   #54
dobdabomb
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastal View Post
Very awesome thread and good info. It looks like a fantastic unit.

What made you ultimately decide on a assassin 28 compared to a stumps and others? Just wondering as I continue my search for a new cooker.
Bang for buck, great family business and customer service, same quality as a stump, larger than a stump stretch for $1500 less and no 6 month build time wait compared to two weeks for an assassin 28. I've seen a lot of stumps and there is no difference in quality. Proximity helped as well to other smokers I looked at. Trust me there is no way you will regret this decision. Shoot me a message if you want, it's money.

Old 08-08-2013, 09:18 PM   #55
BRBBQ
is Blowin Smoke!

Looking good

Old 08-08-2013, 09:43 PM   #56
coastal
Full Fledged Farker

[QUOTE=dobdabomb;2582257]Bang for buck, great family business and customer service, same quality as a stump, larger than a stump stretch for $1500 less and no 6 month build time wait compared to two weeks for an assassin 28. I've seen a lot of stumps and there is no difference in quality. Proximity helped as well to other smokers I looked at. Trust me there is no way you will regret this decision. Shoot me a message if you want, it's money.[/QUOTE

Thanks. Would love to see you upload a youtube video of a cook sometime.

Old 08-08-2013, 09:59 PM   #57
mep
Full Fledged Farker

I bought a standard Assassin and here are some of the reasons that I did so.
Large capacity on shelves, standard slam-latch, removable grease catcher, rails on bottom for a grease pan, included water pan, raised charcoal chute, access port for temperature probes, included BBQ Guru, locking casters on all 4 wheels, best price compared to similar smokers. Short order time (mine took exactly 15 days, including the day I ordered and the day it arrived) plus great customer service.

I also created a video documenting the standard features and it can be seen at this link
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=166449

I think that if you compare the features, you will order an Assassin...because they are slowly smoking the competition.

Old 08-08-2013, 10:27 PM   #58
treytexag

Quote:
Originally Posted by mep View Post
I bought a standard Assassin and here are some of the reasons that I did so.
Large capacity on shelves, standard slam-latch, removable grease catcher, rails on bottom for a grease pan, included water pan, raised charcoal chute, access port for temperature probes, included BBQ Guru, locking casters on all 4 wheels, best price compared to similar smokers. Short order time (mine took exactly 15 days, including the day I ordered and the day it arrived) plus great customer service.
I ordered my Assassin in early March, 2013. I too ordered it for the reasons listed above and my desire to sleep at night while I do long cooks, and to know the temps would be steady-eddy. The other big reason was the craftsmanship. C&C's craftsmanship is top notch, and as a licensed Professional Engineer, I appreciate a well built smoker. All smokers are not built the same . . . . .
treytexag is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-08-2013, 11:17 PM   #59
dobdabomb
Full Fledged Farker

[quote=coastal;2582288]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobdabomb View Post
Bang for buck, great family business and customer service, same quality as a stump, larger than a stump stretch for $1500 less and no 6 month build time wait compared to two weeks for an assassin 28. I've seen a lot of stumps and there is no difference in quality. Proximity helped as well to other smokers I looked at. Trust me there is no way you will regret this decision. Shoot me a message if you want, it's money.[/QUOTE

Thanks. Would love to see you upload a youtube video of a cook sometime.
I will load one soon, unfortunately I had a schedule change and going to Chattanooga with wife for the weekend. When I get back ill get something's on it, especially next weekend!

Old 08-09-2013, 09:06 AM   #60
Ron_L

[quote=dobdabomb;2582347]
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastal View Post

I will load one soon, unfortunately I had a schedule change and going to Chattanooga with wife for the weekend. When I get back ill get something's on it, especially next weekend!
You really need to get your priorities straight!

The Naked Fatty!

I'm thinking about summer!

Southern Q Limo Elite Gravity Fed/FEC-100/Memphis Pro SS/PBC/LBGE X 2/SBGE/Mini BGE/Nomad Pellet-matic/Good-One Model 42/WSM X 2/Cookshack Smokette 008/Weber Performer/Saber Cast 500/Weber Kettle X 2/Weber Smokey Joe/WGA/UDS/Coffee Roasting Gasser
Ron_L is online now   Reply With Quote