Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 08-03-2013, 01:03 PM   #1
is One Chatty Farker
Default Hotel Recommendation for Royal?

I just got my invitation to the American Royal this week and am trying to find a hotel room for Thursday Oct. 3rd thru the 6th. Can anyone recommend somewhere that is fairly close that may have a room then? I know it's late but like I said, we just got our invitation.
Fired Up Smokers KCBS Team, Smokey W's Pit Que NCPC Team / 2011 NCPC Whole Hog State Champion
smokeyw is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-03-2013, 02:49 PM   #2
Full Fledged Farker

The Royal grounds are pretty close to downtown KCMO.
My aunt and uncle stay at the Holiday Inn Aladdin and really like it for the price but there is several others right downtown on the top end from the Marriot, Hilton President and Crowne Plaza which I think at different times all have hosted major league teams in town.
Your choice.
If you need something cheaper you'll be farther away.
I know there is a couple in North KC just over the river.
Assassin w/ guru, competition trailer, super fast BLACK thermapen! 180 and 700+ CLUB!!!!!!
SOB is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-03-2013, 07:10 PM   #3
Full Fledged Farker

I have stayed at the Aladdin for several weeks (work). The rooms are small and a little outdated for a nice downtown hotel, but I recommend it to anyone who needs to stay downtown. Currently rooms appear to be $155/night; unless you can get a special rate, i.e. active duty military or Government employee ($99). As I am only judging, I went with the Holiday Inn on the Plaza, it's 4 miles away.
cds9333 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-03-2013, 10:13 PM   #4
Babbling Farker

BestWestern KC Inn is great, free 24 hour shuttle, but I would venture to guess they are booked!
Certified Master Judge #5382

What is best in life? "To crush your BBQ opponents, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
Bentley is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-04-2013, 08:31 AM   #5
somebody shut me the fark up.

Lately I have been sleeping on site.
Senior member of the Brethren
Weber Platinum Kettle, Weber OTS, Meco square grill, ECB, UDS, WSM, a camping grill, Blackstone flat top X 2,The MOAB, and now the proud owner of a YS640, MOINK.
Pitman for Andy Groneman at the All Things BBQ cooking classes.
Smoke on Brother KC
Father of the Fatty (the name) 4/20/04 on the BBQ Brethren with inspiration from Brother parrothead.
Bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-04-2013, 08:59 AM   #6
is one Smokin' Farker

If you can find a room, get it. Nascar is also the weekend of the Royal.
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote