Myron Mixons Pride and Joy restaurant NYC

ClintHTX

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Anyone been here? Going to NYC in 2 weeks considering going to it. Anyone hear anything good or bad about it?

If you want a laid back beer joing with good Q try Pork Slope in Brooklyn's "park slope" neighborhood. It is by chef Dale Talde of top Chef fame and a good joint

Its causal laid back bar food style of Q but thats the kind of places I like to go in NY

Pride and Joy should be called the sellout check because I doubt he has anything to do with the operation

I was in NYC three weeks ago and it was not open yet. The phone number rings to the Miami location.

Dude, if it was me going to yankee land, I would go pay homage. ;D

I'd rather eat at Peter Lugers I know I'll get a good meal or go to Katz deli fo some Kick Azz 'starmi.

as far as I know, its still not open. Blue Smoke is really good BBQ as is Hill Country (and since you are from TX, you may appreciate it). Bklyn has some good BBQ but I've yet to make my way there. I hear good things about Mighty Quinn's BBQ in NYC as well.

But as Bludawg said, NYC is not really a BBQ place per se. Id save the money for a great steak, some sushi, fantastic Italian food, tasting menus, etc.

For BBQ in the city I liked Blue Smoke, Mike Mills is associated with it. I've heard good things about Daisy May's (Adam Perry Lang's place) but haven't been there yet.

My favorite hole in the wall isn't a bbq joint but if you're looking for some comfort food there is a polish restaurant in Brooklyn called Karczma. Okay now I'm hungry!

Back