Judging Rules

motoeric

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
It struck me when I was out for a drive that every sanctioning body has a codified set of rules. Although they are a valuable resource for Judges, they are certainly geared towards Competitors.

I was thinking that it might be a good idea to create a rules booklet for Judges. It would cover issues like photographing food, talking amongst judges, smoking in the judges tent, arrival times, how to utilize comment cards, what to do if you see a foreign object in the turn-in box, communication with organizers, etc.

An expected response would be that this is covered (or can be covered) in the judges meeting. That's as true as the rules for the teams are obviated by the cooks meeting. I'm thinking that it would be a good resource.

Thoughts?

Eric

It is, at least by KCBS, in their...Official Rules and Regulations & Judging Procedures.

WOW, one of the best ideas I've heard for competition BBQ in a long time.

The red book every CBJ gets at the class.

Actually, it is the 8.5" x 11" tri-fold sheet that comes out (updated) about every year from KCBS. See link below.

http://www.kcbs.us/pdf/2013_rules.pdf

The CBJ training manual is another good resource, but it still doesn't tell everything the OP is referring to.

Anything that can make a CBJ a better CBJ is desparately needed!!! IMHO.

Back