The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 07-28-2013, 06:57 PM   #1
PatnSoCal
Got rid of the matchlight.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Vision Kamado at Costco

Just picked up a Vision Kamado at the Costco in San Marcos CA for $399. Looks like end of season pricing, procrastinating pays!
PatnSoCal is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-28-2013, 07:02 PM   #2
Q Junkie
Full Fledged Farker

Do you know how many of those were still in stock at that location?
I have been meaning to pop in and check.
Q Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-28-2013, 07:07 PM   #3
PatnSoCal
Got rid of the matchlight.

When I saw the price, I had to ask for help and the manager had them bring one from the back, so there were more than the one on the floor. I did somebody else buy one while I was there. Call them, they'll tell you how many are in stock and where.
PatnSoCal is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Unread 07-28-2013, 08:50 PM   #4
DerHusker
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatnSoCal View Post
Just picked up a Vision Kamado at the Costco in San Marcos CA for $399. Looks like end of season pricing, procrastinating pays!
That's a nice price on a great cooking machine.

Unread 07-28-2013, 11:48 PM   #5
DA-Bucks
Got Wood.

These are still $569 at costco in Columbus. I'd jump on it in an heartbeat at 399! They also list it for 649 on the website (delivery included). Hell, I still may pick one up... Debating...
DA-Bucks is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-29-2013, 01:46 AM   #6
flarsen
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

Me too - $399 in Irvine CA. Can't wait to fire it up. I actually purchased one last Tuesday but the top had many chips and the underside of the lid had several pits. So I hauled it back to Costco today and got a new one. Much better; no chips and the inside finish is pit free. Overall quality seems better as the first grill didn't have the expansion slit in the fire box cut down to the bottom hole. Glad I didn't settle on resolving the chip issue with the touch-up kit Vision offered.

Electric starter, BBQ gloves, and my book (Smoking Meat: The Essential Guide to Real Barbecue) was shipped today. Now I just need a heat deflector and I'll be ready to go.
flarsen is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-29-2013, 02:18 AM   #7
Socks
Knows what a fatty is.

Please let us know what you do for a heat deflector. I also have one maybe a year old now, and I still have no good solution. Best so far was hanging a metal pizz disc wrapped in foil from the bottom grate with hooks... Worked really well, but it's a PITA adding charcoal midway through a long cook.
Socks is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-29-2013, 04:43 AM   #8
slammmed
Full Fledged Farker

Check out kamadoguru.com they have a whole vision section.
slammmed is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-29-2013, 06:38 AM   #9
Carnut12
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

Heads up, I bought mine 3 weeks ago for $399 and this past weekend it went down to $299!!!!!!!! I went and got a price adjustment. I am in MA so yours might have went down also, I would call, that is a SMOKING deal.

By the way I just joined here, looking forward to seeing what kind of BBQ I can make learning here. I am a Novice.
Carnut12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-29-2013, 07:02 AM   #10
jamus34
Full Fledged Farker

My local Costco only have the floor model available however it was marked down to $199.

Maybe next year...

22.5 OTS, 22.5 WSM, SJG (and soon to have the tamale pot mini-WSM conversion built)

Stealth gray Thermopen

jamus34 is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-29-2013, 09:02 AM   #11
mtbchip
Full Fledged Farker

Great to see y'all gravitating to lean mean ceramic kooking machines. There is a place for every kind of kooker! Enjoy!

Unread 07-29-2013, 09:06 AM   #12
Mrpotamus
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA-Bucks View Post
These are still $569 at costco in Columbus. I'd jump on it in an heartbeat at 399! They also list it for 649 on the website (delivery included). Hell, I still may pick one up... Debating...
I just purchased one for my uncle at the Costco in northern Cincinnati for $399. That is only about an hour and a half from Columbus. When I got it last Sunday, there were 4 left.
Mrpotamus is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Tags
Vision Kamado Costco