The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 07-28-2013, 10:16 AM   #1
aawa
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Ribs, Chicken, Sausage

Friday we had a mini fat kids club meeting (or meating however you want to take it)

I set up the area to be used. My dog in his standard operating position of laying down.

The performer I rehabbed, one of my OTG Kettles and my mini fired up and getting ready to go. All had Wicked Good Weekend Warrior and Red Oak Chunks.

Ribs went onto the Kettle at about 280 degrees. I did 1 slab with Plowboy Yardbird, and the other slab I did with Butcher's BBQ Rub (first time using it) The more red color slab is the Butchers BBQ rub. I didn't get a picture of the prep but these were a picture of the ribs a little more than a couple hours into the cook.

After about 3.5 hours the racks were bending nicely and needed about another 30mins or so.

Friends wan't to try them with and without sauce. So I glazed up half of each slab with some Sweet Baby Ray's Hickory and Brown Sugar sauce thinned out with some Mug Root Beer.

Here is a sauced up half rack of the Plowboys Yard bird slice up. You can see the other bones in the back already cut up.

Sausage into the mini at 225 degrees.

Sausage coming out of the mini after a couple of hours.

Some yardbird that was brined in sugar, salt, all spice, peppercorn, bay leaf, thyme, oregano for 4 hours then spatchcocked.

Made up my own rub of salt, pepper, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme.

Onto the Performer at 350 degrees with some corn after about 45mins.

Finished up yardbird, laying there resting before slicing.

Unfortunately my buddy forgot to take pictures of the sliced up chicken and final plates with pieces of each meat on them. We had enough food to feed 8-10 people and there was only 4 of us. Needless to say I have a lot of leftovers!

Unread 07-28-2013, 10:55 AM   #2
Garyclaw
Babbling Farker

Great looking food. I bet it was fun to get to play with all your toys in one day.

BTW, also looks like your dog knows where all the action is.

Big BarBChef built in to the Outdoor Kitchen, Weber kettle, 1 UDS, Little Chief Electric, 2 Propane Fish Cookers/Turkey Fryers,
a swinging grate over my Fire pit, Big Pig Cooker, SJS.

"Nice talkin' to ya"
Garyclaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Unread 07-28-2013, 11:04 AM   #3
Bludawg
Quintessential Chatty Farker

You Suc

Thanks from:--->
Unread 07-28-2013, 11:09 AM   #4
aawa
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyclaw View Post
Great looking food. I bet it was fun to get to play with all your toys in one day.

BTW, also looks like your dog knows where all the action is.
That is actually just half the cookers :p I picked up another Performer yesterday, and I have another kettle and mini and a UDS. No I don't have a problem!!!! I need to clean the performer I picked up and then I will take a family photo of all my cookers.

And yeah my Golden Retreiver/Hound mix knows where the action is. Too bad he doesn't get any bbq till after everybody is done eating. Then he gets a couple of rib tips.