The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 07-29-2013, 01:12 AM   #1
Rockinar
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Got a Komodo Joe today!

I live in Houston and we have LOTS of good high end pitmakers in town. We have Pits and Spits, Gator Pits, Pitmaker, Klose, and the list goes on. I have never owned anything except gas grills and REALLY wanted a high end pit and was shopping the past couple weeks and doing research.

I was really leaning twords a Pitmaker Safe pit.

After looking around, I ended up with a Komodo Joe much to my own surprise. When I was looking for a pit, a Komodo was not even a thought at all. But as I was doing my research, I started to realize they are basically a high end pit, on a smaller scale. I only cook for 3-4 people, so it fits my needs and budget just great. I did some "baked" chicken breasts on it tonight using the deflector plate and a water pan. Best "baked" chicken I ever had with my cooking. What I like best is it can do everything. It can bake, it can roast, it grill, it can smoke. Heck, you could probably use a wok on it too.

Looking forward to learning how to cook more on it any trying new things. I think I made the right decision.
Rockinar is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-29-2013, 01:29 AM   #2
chambersuac
somebody shut me the fark up.

Congratulations. Post pics if you're able. I've never used one, but they have good reputations.

IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball maker and IMBAS Sgt. At Arms.

And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified. [Acts 20:32 KJV]
chambersuac is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-29-2013, 08:46 AM   #3
Dirtbuddy
is one Smokin' Farker

Congrats on your decision! They are a very versatile cooker for sure.

KJ customer service is top notch should you need them for anything.

What color did you get??

Unread 07-29-2013, 09:19 AM   #4
aawa
Babbling Farker

Very nice cooker. One of the Brethren JMSeltzer has a very good relationship with the KJ folks. He has the Classic Joe and Big Joe and does a bunch of reviews on the cookers. He also runs the forums kamadoguru.com and youtube channel ManCaveMeals. If you have any questions I'm sure he could help you out with getting to know the cooker.

Unread 07-29-2013, 09:38 AM   #5
gmag
Full Fledged Farker

You will love it!

Unread 07-29-2013, 09:53 AM   #6
nucornhusker
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 4

Congrats. It is a great cooker and will get lots of use.
Yoder Smokers YS1500, Kamado Joe BigJoe & Joe Jr., Yoder Smokers 24" Firepit, Weber: 18.5" OT (L), SJG (AU) & (DI) - Past Cookers: Yoder Smokers YS640 Comp Cart, Kamado Joe Classic, OKJoe's Longhorn, UDS, Weber: Performer(AA), Genesis Gold C(DH), 22.5" OTG(DI), 22.5" OT (L), Traeger Junior, ECB

Runner-up in the 2014 BBQ Brethren Beard Tussle . My Son won the 2014 "peach fuzz" category
IMBAS Certified MOINK Baller
nucornhusker is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-29-2013, 10:21 AM   #7
uncblue
On the road to being a farker

Welcome to the Versatility of the Kamdo world... I love the ease of use, temp range, low use of lump, and the flavor profiles one can achieve with ceramics...

Happy Grilling