THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

code3rrt

Babbling Farker
I had a craving last night for rotisserie chicken......I mean this is like at 5:30 in the afternoon and I'm thinkin', this is a little late to be starting this. I started looking around for something else to fix for dinner, hmmmmm.....a steak?, a chop? how about a good burger?....just nothin' sounded as good as a roto chicken. So finally at seven o'clock I make the dash to the store, shootin' to get this going by eight and served by ten. That is probably pretty late for most folks, but not terribly unusual for me, as I'm a night shift worker. Anyway, here is how it went......The victims, 2 little birdies at about 3.5lbs each:
RotisserieChicken004_zps171fe9fb.jpg

Rubbed down with a little vegetable oil and seasoned up with a little Yardbird and trussed;
RotisserieChicken005_zpsd047e507.jpg

Speared and onto the cooker at about 8:10;
RotisserieChicken009_zpsa55ac8f4.jpg

RotisserieChicken010_zps462c94d5.jpg

Let'em roll til 9:15 for the first check.....not quite there......30 minutes later, 9:45, they are ready!!
RotisserieChicken014_zpse48d8a58.jpg

RotisserieChicken015_zps7e6a39e4.jpg

RotisserieChicken016_zpsf1d22da8.jpg

Carved up and served with some carrots and sweet potato....sorry, no pics. Once it was out on the counter I think I was lucky to get my arm back:-D. But everyone enjoyed and it was delicious. Hadn't had one in a while and it really satisfied the craving!
Here's the wreckage;
RotisserieChicken020_zps464cf0d3.jpg

Thanks for looking all.

KC

Can these be done on a smoker? I have a UDS.

There's a Colombian restaurant in Chicago that makes the greatest rotisserie chicken I've ever had the pleasure of eating and I'd love to replicate it at home.

Can these be done on a smoker? I have a UDS.

There's a Colombian restaurant in Chicago that makes the greatest rotisserie chicken I've ever had the pleasure of eating and I'd love to replicate it at home.

Well, I don't have a UDS, but I don't see why you couldn't. Check it out on the search function, I'm sure you'll find lots of info.

Others with UDS's could probably set you in the right direction.

KC

Back