Our Homepage Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Old 09-05-2013, 11:54 AM   #31
retired trucker
is One Chatty Farker

Look out for the flashing lights pulling into your driveway, cause you stole that one! Great buy, and I am sure it will get a lot of use. Congrats on your persistence to find a great deal. Enjoy it.

Webber 22 1/2 OTG Gold, UDS, rusted out chimney, Red Lavatools Thermowand, Maverick ET 732, 1950 model wife. Walking cane to help me get around.
retired trucker is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 09-05-2013, 11:59 AM   #32
Full Fledged Farker

Thanks trucker.

Well they had a couple around that price but with some sellers brand new, never buy from those in really in case. Finally found this one and close, I even got $20 of ebay bucks out of it, hard to beat that at least what I have seen. Wife doesnt know yet but this will be the grill I will start getting her learning on so get the basics down...grilling chicken...etc. It came down to I really wanted a bigger grill to complement the green eggs if I needed it.
Team Smokin' Hot Racks, Assassin 28, 2 L BGE's/Weber 26.75/Guru DX2 & Wifi/Thermapen Orange!
dobdabomb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-05-2013, 01:02 PM   #33
Full Fledged Farker

Originally Posted by Smoking Westy View Post
Another vote for the 26.75" - for all the reasons listed above. Nice thing with the 26.75 is when you cook indirect, you've actually got some space to do it in. Cooking indirect on a 22.5" doesn't leave a ton cooking space.
Nailed it. you won't regret buying it. This is mine. It was an abused orphan abandoned on a curb in Garden Grove. Little bit of work and brought her back to life.

UDS, Yellow 22", 2008 Weber Ranch, SS Blue Performer, 18" Blue Platinum, Wife Model#1962
fedex is offline   Reply With Quote