The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 09-21-2013, 06:15 PM   #16
SteevieG
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle JJ View Post
I can buy at Costco, but other than that, I've amazingly found no good butchers in the Atlanta area.
That is the truth. Hard to believe there isn't one that seems worthy of the title "Butcher" around here. And I've tried every one I know of.

18.5" WSM
22.5 WSM
And a nice propane grill that gets very little use anymore...
SteevieG is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-21-2013, 06:55 PM   #17
landarc
somebody shut me the fark up.

I prefer brining in a small piece of meat like that as well, it gets plenty of penetration into the meat. But, if you buy an enhanced tenderloin, never brine, marinade or dry brine it.

Yelonutz: me either, but, then again, I don't drink any less

SSS
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-21-2013, 07:03 PM   #18
IamMadMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludawg View Post
Big time BBQ EXPERT pitmasters make money from books you really think they are going to tell you the truth
Isn't that the truth.... Everyone looks for the secret when they already had it all along... Marketing half truths make them a lot of money..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle JJ View Post
Who doesn't enjoy a big bite of rubbery pork? That's what I said to the people at my house on Sunday, when I made the most disgusting pork loin (not tenderloin) ever.

But it tasted like rubber.
What does rubber taste like??? LOL just kidding... My condolences.

IamMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-21-2013, 08:03 PM   #19
SmittyJonz

I buy plenty of Kroger Meats - esp. the Green Meat Specials - like Strip Steak $4.99/lb Spare Ribs $1.49/lb ,Pork Butts $.99/lb Pork Loins, Briskets, Hams, Dead Chickens.....but I also buy at Albertsons, HEB and good ole Wally World ........People slam Wally World Meats but I've never had anything from Wally World taste any different than the other 3- Ive had some better than others from the same store - - maybe I got bad taste Buds.....? but then none of the guys at Work have complained on any of it either.......even when they've chipped in......

I think the same Name Stores can vary region to region?
SmittyJonz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-21-2013, 08:30 PM   #20
El Ropo
Babbling Farker

overcooked. Take it off at 135-140 and let rest for 20 min before slicing.

2016 Fuji Absolute 2.0 LE (for burning off all the great BBQ)
El Ropo is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 09-21-2013, 11:32 PM   #21
SmittyJonz

I overcooked one a cpl weeks ago - not rubber but on the dry side - I ate a few slices then chunked up the remainder and tossed in big sauce pan with 2 large cans of Bushs Southern Style Baked Beans and simmered it for about an hour ( added just a lil water) and it was Pretty Darn Good! Even better the next day for lunch at work
SmittyJonz is offline   Reply With Quote