The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Unread 03-17-2006, 11:36 AM   #1
willkat98
somebody shut me the fark up.

Location: Chicago Western Burbs, but always south of Madison Ave.
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default 2007 Pig Roast Planning: Rocky Hill CT

We have a new user on the site, Pete the Butcher.com. Picqued my curiosity and went and checked out his site. This guys hooked on whole hog and is looking to organize a contest.

Pretty cool sight, wish I lived in CT

Anyway, sent a shout out to him with a welcome, very quick to respond back. Not everyone does. Seems like a good guy.

So here's a cut and paste from his web site if anyone is interested in a Pig Roast Challenge next season.

<snip>

2007 Let's get it on Pig Roast challenge in Rocky Hill Connecticut USA.
Put up a grand and lets all get it on.
Whole 100 pound (Federally inspected) pigs only. (give or take a few pounds) You can figure it will be two days next summer (2007).

Open to any kind of cooker.
If you like to roast your pig in the ground you should have a dump truck to get in.
I'll fine tune the standard rules and post them below by the end of this summer.
25% of the net proceeds will go to the Rocky Hill Police union.

If you want to be updated WHEN things start to happen use the email below please.
pete@petethebutcher.com You'll get only updates from this address.

"Boots and Pants and Boots and Pants and Boots and Pants..." - Maxwell

Bandera, M-BGE, WSM, Gold Kettle, Kenmore Gasser, 36Qt Turkey Fryer, ECB, Dutch Oven
willkat98 is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-17-2006, 12:03 PM   #2
Pete The Butcher.Com
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Thanks for the post Bill-Chicago.

I've been up on the internet since 1998 and looked up a lot of very talented Professional Pig Roasters. Just trying to get them together without a lot of rules.

At this point I'm just planning it out.

Couple of things I'm trying to set up are, Teams vending their BBQ. The health department guy is cool as long as your very clean and a big take home for the one champion.

Please if anyone would like to put in a little direction It would be appreciated.

Pete
Pete The Butcher.Com is offline   Reply With Quote