拉猪肉
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Road Trips

Notices

Brethren Road Trips The travel logs of our members. Q- joints, restaurants, entertainment, reviews while we travel around the 50 states. Also, Post here for a shout out to members to meet up with while on the road.

Old 03-17-2006, 07:11 AM   #1
tommykendall
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Default Had a Canadian Break the Law

So I've been in Toronto nearly 2 weeks. As my luck had it, this indoor go kart race track across the street from the office has a sign out.. "brickyard BBQ now open". Thought to myself - can't be. Went there last week - first day 'open' for business, but no Q. Actually they had some great grilled chicken with BBQ sauce. One of the owners said that "next week" they would have an expanded menu with smoked ribs. I asked for the Pit Bitch. A guy named Reuben came out we talked the chit about Q for awhile. He formerly competed under some team name with the word "fox" in it. Anyhoot, he showed me the cooker - a big farking vintage Cookshack. Nice unit. He explained that he needed some electrical work done in the room where the cooker is, vent installed, fire dept inspection. All this should have been done before they opened so he was pissed about having to wait to cook. So I was buggin the chit out of him every day. Finished the electrical, the vent, and on Wednesday this week the fire inspectors didn't like something so they said "no go". Reuben happened to have a dozen racks of BBs prepped and rubbed waiting for them to give the green light. After the news from the fire dept, he gave them the 'ol SoCal double salute and cooked the ribs Wednesday night. He was so farking excited doing it too. Went there yesterday for lunch. He did a fine job but not quite enough smoke flavour for me. I guess he had to tone it down for the bland taste buds up here. You should have heard him yesterday talkng to me about it - he said "I broke the farking law for you dude". So anyway - I'l be back tomorrow after work for some ribs and beers with him. Just my luck!! I checked the internet and BBQ doesn't seem to have much of a niche here yet something opened in front of my face.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:33 AM   #2
Trout_man22
is One Chatty Farker

Way to go, are you going to post his bail?

"
God either exists or He doesn't.... I believe in God." Blaise Pascal
I'm a sinner, I regret my sin and will try to never do it again.
Trout_man22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 10:29 AM   #3
Neil

Toronto sounds like a great business opportunity for someone who's willing to move there. Wasn't our first female member, Cindy, from Toronto? She's got a gold mine waiting to be opened.

Mange Bene Viva Bene!

NB Bandera-Firebox & Baffle Mod, WSM, Weber: Performer(Col. Steve Austin Mod), WSM, Three 22 1/2" Kettles, 2 Brinkman Dual Zone Proffessional Grills, Smoky Joe, Uniflame Tabletop Gasser, Luhr-Jensen Big Chief, Turkey Fryer, Rocky Mountain Camp Stove & 3 UDS's.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 01:24 PM   #4
Smoker
is One Chatty Farker

Great story TK
Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 01:29 PM   #5
brdbbq

But what the hell you doing at a BBQ joint when that town is loaded with strip clubs....so I'm told.
brdbbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 01:37 PM   #6
Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by brdbbq
But what the hell you doing at a BBQ joint when that town is loaded with strip clubs....so I'm told.
I heard they call em shakers. Just what I heard.
Old 03-17-2006, 01:58 PM   #7
The_Kapn
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
That is called the "Canadian Ballet", last I heard
Probably just a rumor

TIM
Now cooking with a Yoder YS640
Proud Pellet guy cooking on real wood.
The_Kapn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 06:20 PM   #8
Bigmista
somebody shut me the fark up.

Canadian Stripper? What do they strip down to? Their thermals?

Exodus 29:18
Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD.

God loves BBQ!

Bigmista Custom Spicewine Trailer - Olivia J. PIMA
Large and Medium Spicewines
Weber Ranch Kettle - E.T.

Remembering Scott
Bigmista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 06:23 PM   #9
The_Kapn
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmista
Canadian Stripper? What do they strip down to? Their thermals?
UH...no
Canada is not "bashful" with their laws.

TIM
Now cooking with a Yoder YS640
Proud Pellet guy cooking on real wood.
The_Kapn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 07:56 PM   #10
tommykendall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin
I heard they call em shakers. Just what I heard.
I'm hittin one Sat after work and lunch. There's like 2 that I know of within a mile of where I'm working. Farking hijackers - miss yas though.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:00 PM   #11
FatDad
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Strippin' , Dancin' piglets maybe?

The reason I love this site: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=59061

3 WSM's
Weber Kettle w/ rotisserie
Weber Genesis
2 Turkey Fryers
FatDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 10:35 PM   #12
jgh1204
Babbling Farker

Outlaw BBQ.

There is a Canadian show on Foodtv where a designer and a chef renovate an existing restaurant. Some of the filthy crap they have showed made me wonder about Canadian health dept laws.

Roaches, cracked dirty floors, filthy fryers, grease covered vent hood and electrical hookups guaranteed to burnt the place down or electricute the cook.