• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Cabela's Pro-Series Vacuum Sealer

Dirtbuddy

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Finally got a chance to break in my NEW vacuum sealer last night. Processed 10lbs of bacon and broke down a massive block of cheddar cheese from Costco. As it says in the model...this thing is Pro. I hope this lasts much longer than my last 3 FoodSavers. Also glad i bought it while it was on sale :grin:

Some pic's of the beast...

P1010395.jpg

P1010393.jpg

P1010396.jpg

Left side
P1010397.jpg

Right side
P1010399.jpg

While it has the Cabela's name on it, it looks very similar to my Weston Pro series.

If it is, it will last a long long time. I process about 25+ bags a week, even more in the summer. I've used mine for 3 years with NO problems.

If using it to seal chili, stew or soups just chill the food in the bag for a few hours and then seal having no mess or leakage.

While it has the Cabela's name on it, it looks very similar to my Weston Pro series.

If it is, it will last a long long time. I process about 25+ bags a week, even more in the summer. I've used mine for 3 years with NO problems.

If using it to seal chili, stew or soups just chill the food in the bag for a few hours and then seal having no mess or leakage.

I believe you are correct, think it's a repacked Weston.

Yea pre freezing is the only way for liquids.

I've got the same one. I love it, with one minor gripe: It has a port for a hose if you want to use vaccuum canisters, but does not come with the hose. I have a hose from an old foodsaver, but it doesn't fit. I called Cabelas and they don't carry the hoses.

I don't use the canisters often, but I do have some and they are now basically worthless.

But don't get me wrong, this thing is a mean sealer.

David

I've got the same one. I love it, with one minor gripe: It has a port for a hose if you want to use vaccuum canisters, but does not come with the hose. I have a hose from an old foodsaver, but it doesn't fit. I called Cabelas and they don't carry the hoses.

I don't use the canisters often, but I do have some and they are now basically worthless.

But don't get me wrong, this thing is a mean sealer.

David

Sounds like you should be able to look for a Western Pro vacuum tube and use it.

I've been dreaming of getting one of these. HAS to be better than ziploc bags, and manually sucking/forcing the air out

I have this same model only the older one that has the clear seal chamber so you can see to line up the bags. Been using it for the last 8 years runs flawless

This is very timely post for me as I am having problems with my FoodSaver. I guess it might be time to upgrade. Thanks!

You will love it, I've got the same one that I've had about 3 years now and it's sealed up a little over 1,000 pounds of meat so far. It gets used heavily when we butcher hogs and deer.

I'm always finding something to seal up with it.

Cabela's has these on sale now for $249.99..... I'm thinking of pulling the trigger .. Someone please tell me a logical reason not to...free shipping and no sales tax to California ... Hey Dirtbuddy you still lovin it???

Cabela's has these on sale now for $249.99..... I'm thinking of pulling the trigger .. Someone please tell me a logical reason not to...free shipping and no sales tax to California ... Hey Dirtbuddy you still lovin it???
Very much so! That's the price i paid as well....pull that trigger you will not be disappointed!

Trigger pulled and order placed !!! Should see it early part of next week !!

I have a food saver that hasn't faulted on me yet I just hate that if it gets hot I have to wait for it to cool down about 10 seconda before I can seal anything else

My food saver has been great. I guess they have a high rate of putting out lemons though.

Back