The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Sales and Ventures > Brethren Ventures > OakRidge BBQ

Notices

Unread 07-04-2013, 06:25 AM   #1
IamMadMan
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Game Changer Brine

Not trying to get any secrets here, but I am trying to use your brine as an pork injection next weekend.

Using Chris Lilly's Injection (which is a brine) that has a ratio of 1/2 cup of sugar and 1/4 cup of salt to roughly 1-1/2 cup of liquid. Twice the amount of liquid to dry measure.

Would you say the ratio using Game Changer Brine would remain the same? Or do you advise not trying this....

Thanks in advance for your help.
Unread 07-05-2013, 12:52 AM   #2
kcmike
is one Smokin' Farker

We have many teams all across the country using Game Changer brine as a pork injection with great success. The basic mixture I start everyone out with is to follow the Full Strength recipe on the label, but instead of using water, use a 50/50 mixture of apple juice and ginger ale instead. So, for example, to make 32 ounces of injection, you would add 1/2 cup brine mix to 16 ounces of apple juice and 16 ounces of ginger ale.

~ Visit Oakridge BBQ ~

Lang 84D
22˝" WSM
Oaklahoma Joe 20x40
22˝" Weber Kettle
kcmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Unread 07-06-2013, 06:18 PM   #3
IamMadMan
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmike View Post
We have many teams all across the country using Game Changer brine as a pork injection with great success. The basic mixture I start everyone out with is to follow the Full Strength recipe on the label, but instead of using water, use a 50/50 mixture of apple juice and ginger ale instead. So, for example, to make 32 ounces of injection, you would add 1/2 cup brine mix to 16 ounces of apple juice and 16 ounces of ginger ale.
Thanks Mike, sounds like a good plan for a starter........

I'm glad I purchased the big pack, this stuff is fantastic...!!!!!

Thanks for the quick shipping...
Unread 07-12-2013, 04:45 AM   #4
IamMadMan
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmike View Post
I tried this and was skeptical.... It turned out great!

Not only was the pork moist, but the flavor of the spice was in the meat itself.

You made me a believer, and I now have a new injection mixture.

Thanks Mike
Unread 08-01-2013, 10:28 AM   #5
kshotrod
Got rid of the matchlight.

I tried that brine on some chicken this weekend, it was great, and It was a big hit.....

I've gotta make a new order soon, got my first comp coming up and my first cater job coming up, going to roll with the OakRidge brand on both lol
Unread 08-04-2013, 02:43 PM   #6
IamMadMan
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshotrod View Post
I tried that brine on some chicken this weekend, it was great, and It was a big hit.....

I've gotta make a new order soon, got my first comp coming up and my first cater job coming up, going to roll with the OakRidge brand on both lol
Great Minds think alike........

Same brand smoke w/guru, using Game Changer Brine, with Great Success.