The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Unread 06-27-2013, 08:24 PM   #1
Fishin4bass723
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Fatty for the anything goes comp

Has anyone used a Fatty or stuffed fatty for the anything goes comp? what were the results?

Unread 06-28-2013, 10:06 AM   #2
BMerrill
On the road to being a farker

Anything goes meat is a filet mignon and lobster fest.
Dessert, "Cheesecake Wars".
On occassion, a very creavity dish will place.
A fatty turtle (Harry So) would be better than just a bacon explosion fatty.
BMerrill is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-28-2013, 11:34 AM   #3
BurntFinger_Jason
Full Fledged Farker

We do Bacon Explosions in the anything goes categories all the time. We're normally up against beef tenderloin or cheesecakes, but can still hold our own. We turned one in last weekend and it was 1 tenderness point away from a perfect score. We ended up 4th place....behind 3 perfect score desserts.

Rebel 28
Good-One Rodeo
Good-One Open Range
22.5" Weber Kettle
BurntFinger_Jason is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-28-2013, 11:36 AM   #4
Jacked UP BBQ
Babbling Farker

Lobster mac and cheese in a bread bowl takes it every time we have done it.

Ocean County Pig Assassins competition team retired and is now known as Jacked UP BBQ

Fec 750
Fec 100
Large Spicewine
Jacked UP BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-28-2013, 12:24 PM   #5
Bentley
Babbling Farker

doughboy from Pelletheads.com turned this in at 2011 AR...I think it was Bichelmeyer's sausage of KC, his own rub I believe. I think there were about 300 entries that year.

38. Pelletheads.com
999 989 988 989 989 988

On a whim...I turned this Breakfast Stuffie in for 2010...I think it got around 75th out of about 180 entries.

Not sure a sausage entry is gonna wow the folks for an anything butt, that will be your only hurdle...

I think the days of turning in just a link or cut up link are over at the AR...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishin4bass723 View Post
Has anyone used a Fatty or stuffed fatty for the anything goes comp? what were the results?
Certified Master Judge #5382

What is best in life? "To crush your BBQ opponents, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
Bentley is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-28-2013, 01:50 PM   #6
Muzzlebrake
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley View Post
[

doughboy from Pelletheads.com turned this in at 2011 AR...I think it was Bichelmeyer's sausage of KC, his own rub I believe. I think there were about 300 entries that year.

38. Pelletheads.com
999 989 988 989 989 988

On a whim...I turned this Breakfast Stuffie in for 2010...I think it got around 75th out of about 180 entries.

Not sure a sausage entry is gonna wow the folks for an anything butt, that will be your only hurdle...

I think the days of turning in just a link or cut up link are over at the AR...
Those were in the sausage category or in an anything but?

I couple weeks ago, I had the best fatty I ve ever tasted at Frederick MD. Our own Tack made a crazy, Cajun/Creole jambalaya fatty that was off the hook good. I think it might do well in any category.

"What sort of people are these charcoal masters? They behaved badly and were unconcerned with appearances. Their hair was long and unkempt and their clothes were wrinkled and old. They drank beer to and from the crab house and they made rude noises while we cooked." Tao of Charcoal
Muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-28-2013, 02:54 PM   #7
Bentley
Babbling Farker

They were at the Royal, with the dedicated sausage category...That is why I commented that to try a Fattie as an Anything Butt entry, although it maybe great, might not have enough Wow factor when you think what else might be turned in...

But your experience in MD just goes to prove I maybe wrong...
Certified Master Judge #5382

What is best in life? "To crush your BBQ opponents, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
Bentley is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-28-2013, 05:06 PM   #8
Eggspert
Full Fledged Farker

We just did last weekend. It was not the best fatty, I will admit it was not the best but it scored low average.

Eggspert
Eggspert is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-29-2013, 04:25 PM   #9
Muzzlebrake
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley View Post
They were at the Royal, with the dedicated sausage category...That is why I commented that to try a Fattie as an Anything Butt entry, although it maybe great, might not have enough Wow factor when you think what else might be turned in...

But your experience in MD just goes to prove I maybe wrong...
Thanks, I was confused about an anything butt @ the Royal. I remembered the sausage category, do they ever do an anything butt/cooks choice there?

I think Tack's fatty was super good, but like you pointed out I'm not really sure if would have enough wow factor.

"What sort of people are these charcoal masters? They behaved badly and were unconcerned with appearances. Their hair was long and unkempt and their clothes were wrinkled and old. They drank beer to and from the crab house and they made rude noises while we cooked." Tao of Charcoal
Muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote