BBQ Brethren "Berry Me!" (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our new TD category is...

"Berry Me!"

Berries & BBQ: It's What's For Dinner! :becky:

As chosen by Redhot for her winning entry and triumphant return in the "Breakfast" Throwdown."

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

Redhot said:

"Berry Me!" would be a great summertime TD category. And, me loving berries, would get to see some very creative ways to use them. :becky:

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 6/21 through Sunday 6/30.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 6 a.m. Central US Time on Monday morning 7/1.

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

especially take note of:

The ENTRY and VOTE threads will follow Q-Talk rules, meaning QUALITY ON-TOPIC discussion of the category or entries only, please. Discussion is encouraged to take place in the DISCUSSION THREAD, but if you want a recipe, or are looking for details or have QUALITY ON-TOPIC comments to make about an entry or the category you can make them in the ENTRY or VOTE thread. Non-quality posts that are made here will be deleted and the offending member will be asked why they couldn't just post in the DISCUSSION thread instead, and in extreme cases or repeat offenders, disciplinary action WILL happen.

Click HERE to go to the off topic, often nonsensical, confusing, and downright bizarre discussion thread.

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
I have an evil plan. Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha!...

What happened to my on topic post? I said I had an idea brewing and was going to follow up like I did in the Tube Steak thread. Or am I crazy and just thought I posted...:confused:

Last edited:
Off to the grocers...ingredients and part one of TD domination underway...

TD Evil Plan Of Domination...Part The One

berry3_zps8560ab1f.jpg

berry4_zpscb54b524.jpg

berry6_zps8b6d2d65.jpg

berry7_zps31041edc.jpg

Getting the required smoke from fire (OK, It's a SMALL fire)...

This has been a test of the Official Entry system. If this had been an actual Official Entry, a tease would not be here...

Yes. I am obviously a true menace. :heh: After two hours in the smoke (Cherry wood shavings) the berries and walnuts will have to sit for 24 hours to allow the smoke to blend and intensify a bit. Then, they'll never know what hit them...:twisted:

Yes. I am obviously a true menace. :heh: After two hours in the smoke (Cherry wood shavings) the berries and walnuts will have to sit for 24 hours to allow the smoke to blend and intensify a bit. Then, they'll never know what hit them...:twisted:
Does Mr Wilson still live next door? Guerre the Menace. :roll:

Anybody remember when magazines were printed on glossy newsprint like paper with still only 80 DPI or so on the photos? Like in the Fifties through mid 60s? I tried to emulate that feel on these...think they came out pretty well, especially the walnut pic.

I'm waiting for those lucious raspberry ABTs. Where ARE they?!?

I've been waiting for part two of the evil plan of domination.

Please accept this as my official "Berry Me Throwdown" entry.

The theme of this TD had me a little perplexed as I am not berry fond of berries.

The starting roster was like this: (Stubs was on the Mound)

Put some of the berries in a sauce pan with Palm Sugar, Triple Sec, Simple Syrup, and vodka. Started them cooking down.

Once they were cooked down sufficiently, I took the immersion blender and pureed them smooth.

Took 1/2 of the pureed berry juice and mixed up a batch of pasta dough and incorporated the berry puree into the dough.

Wrapped and rested the dough while I tended to meatier things.

Got some pineaple (Big Berry)

Loaded the Kamado with beef short ribs and some pineapple chunks to smoke for the afternoon.

Once the short ribs had caught enough smoke I popped them into the braiser with the remainder of the berry puree and 2 cups of Stubb BBQ sauce and a Bottle of Budweiser.

Went back inside and rolled out my berry pasta dough

And tied my bows.

Plated up the berry nice plate and gut down to the business at hand.

And the money shot! Please use this as my polling pic

Thanks for lookin, You all been berry good to me, and I thank You!
Jed

Oh hell, now I'm not even going to try to cook anything for this TD. That is Farkin' AWESOME!

I will leave the challenge to Deguerre and the other professionals.

Back